Health above Dragon/Baron

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fizznity View Post
^this. The information is already there if you do the extremely simple action of clicking on dragon to get the info panel, and I don't see that click as valuable gameplay. It's not taking any of the skill out of knowing your smite vs their smite or actually timing the smite, its just making it so you dont have to fight the UI for the info you need.

There's a lot more skill to it than you are considering. The numbers being EXACTLY over where you are already focusing makes it super easy mode.

It's not even a thing anymore, i can just see everything i need all in the exact same camera location, without even changing where my eyes glance, at all. It dumbs it down a very great deal, and honestly i don't understand how anyone can even be making the argument that it wouldn't remove any skill from the game. Why would anyone want it changed if it didn't make it easier for some, and therefore by definition removing a learned skill.

Vorbo01

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
I think right clicking to read numbers as opposed to being able to read number somehow requires skill
Fixed that for you

Vorbo01

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
There's a lot more skill to it than you are considering. The numbers being EXACTLY over where you are already focusing makes it super easy mode.

It's not even a thing anymore, i can just see everything i need all in the exact same camera location, without even changing where my eyes glance, at all. It dumbs it down a very great deal, and honestly i don't understand how anyone can even be making the argument that it wouldn't remove any skill from the game. Why would anyone want it changed if it didn't make it easier for some, and therefore by definition removing a learned skill.

Because it about readability. Having to click to see the heath remaining just adds a step that shouldn't be need in the first place. Adding the health bar doesn't make it easier at all to outsmite, it just means i don't have to ciick on Baron just to see it anymore. That's like saying enemy champs shouldn't have health bars, because it requires more "skill" to click on them then shift my eyeballs up to the left, as opposed to just looking at my target.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Honestly, it's not a terribly big issue, but these argument are the EXACT SAME ARGUMENTS would one use to say let's make adcs automatically perfectly orb walk with attack move.
It'd make it SOOOOO much easier for me to play adc if when i attacked someone it just automatically perfectly attack into move'd into attack when attack of cd, repeat.

I mean, come on, i can do it myself anyways. Who cares that we're taking away skill from all adc mains that can actually ORB WALK SMOOTHLY. Makes it easier for the rest of us who can't...

Same argument, same logic. Why not? They are both skills, that take a very long time to hone and develop, and both are pretty essential to playing their role at a top level.

and honestly, if they ever did something like that i'd quit and never come back. The reason this isn't the biggest and worst change in the world is because people can still outsmite the enemy, it'll just take me having to play much much better than the enemy, instead of just much better.

Though, while i'm thinking, why isn't smite's damage displayed on the skill, similiar to kass's mana cost?

I mean, i have to know how much my smite is doing, and scrolling over the skill is just rediculous, i mean, if clicking dragon and watching the ui is too much, why isn't scrolling over the smite icon too much?

Really, you should be displaying all the numbers. I mean, common, let's be consistent....

But though really, still not a big issue.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorbo01 View Post
Because it about readability. Having to click to see the heath remaining just adds a step that shouldn't be need in the first place. Adding the health bar doesn't make it easier at all to outsmite, it just means i don't have to ciick on Baron just to see it anymore. That's like saying enemy champs shouldn't have health bars, because it requires more "skill" to click on them then shift my eyeballs up to the left, as opposed to just looking at my target.
Are you kidding, it's not the click, it's the location.

If riot pulled up the ui whenever you were near baron/dragon and it was being attacked, it would change NOTHING.
because CLICKING isn't the skill.

ITS PUTTING IT RIGHT ABOVE THE THINGS HEAD THAT TAKES AWAY THE SKILL.

Just so we are clear.

Vorbo01

06-10-2014

Quote:
Are you kidding, it's not the click, it's the location.

If riot pulled up the ui whenever you were near baron/dragon and it was being attacked, it would change NOTHING.
because CLICKING isn't the skill.

ITS PUTTING IT RIGHT ABOVE THE THINGS HEAD THAT TAKES AWAY THE SKILL.

Just so we are clear.

I don't understand how looking at the top left of the screen to see it's health or looking right at it to see it's health are any different. Do your eyeballs take that long to move (or do you assume other players eyeballs do?). It literally makes no difference. Besides, it they add the health bars in the same way enemy champs health bars are, you won't be able to see the specific numbers, just the overall health.

Madmax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2014

what's the difference between left clicking baron and looking at its hp bar on the box that pops up and just having the hp there already?

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
I don't understand how looking at the top left of the screen to see it's health or looking right at it to see it's health are any different. Do your eyeballs take that long to move (or do you assume other players eyeballs do?). It literally makes no difference. Besides, it they add the health bars in the same way enemy champs health bars are, you won't be able to see the specific numbers, just the overall health.
Then why does ANYONE want this change?
Because of the left click?

I almost refuse to accept that people really think there isn't any difference between the two. If so, why would riot make the change, and also, why would any of you want the change?
Just pop up the ui when dragon's near. They would have done that if there's 'no difference'. Why would they go out of their way to display numbers of it, then? They already have a counter setup, that can be easily turned on and off.

I just don't get it, either you've never got into a smite war before and had to constantly look at the hp bars while watching the enemies every attack to get a perfect timing, or you can look at the ui and all the enemies together at once without any added pressure or effort on your part(skill), along with all their abilities and relative damage amounts being sent towards drake.

Vorbo01

06-10-2014

Quote:
Then why does ANYONE want this change?
Because of the left click?

I almost refuse to accept that people really think there isn't any difference between the two. If so, why would riot make the change, and also, why would any of you want the change?
Just pop up the ui when dragon's near. They would have done that if there's 'no difference'. Why would they go out of their way to display numbers of it, then? They already have a counter setup, that can be easily turned on and off.

I just don't get it, either you've never got into a smite war before and had to constantly look at the hp bars while watching the enemies every attack to get a perfect timing, or you can look at the ui and all the enemies together at once without any added pressure or effort on your part(skill), along with all their abilities and relative damage amounts being sent towards drake.

They are adding the change because left clicking the dragon to see its health adds literally nothing in terms of skill, its just adding an extra step to information that's pretty readily available anyway. When you attack an enemy champ, do you not look at the UI while your attacking, despite their health bars being displayed above their heads? I do, everyone does. I check to see the actual hitpoints (as opposed to a colored line which doesn't actually give you ANY hard number, which the new Baron and Dragon bars looks to be doing the same), i check their armor, MR, their current AD, when they're buffs will run out (if they have any). So, in short, if they add health bars to Dragon and Baron, you're still gonna need to read the UI in the top left corner to know EXACTLY when to smite.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
They are adding the change because left clicking the dragon to see its health adds literally nothing in terms of skill, its just adding an extra step to information that's pretty readily available anyway. When you attack an enemy champ, do you not look at the UI while your attacking, despite their health bars being displayed above their heads? I do, everyone does. I check to see the actual hitpoints (as opposed to a colored line which doesn't actually give you ANY hard number, which the new Baron and Dragon bars looks to be doing the same), i check their armor, MR, their current AD, when they're buffs will run out (if they have any). So, in short, if they add health bars to Dragon and Baron, you're still gonna need to read the UI in the top left corner to know EXACTLY when to smite.

Wait wait wait wait, i might be confused.
By health counter that the op mentioned, was he saying like... champ bars divided into 100s health counter? or an exact number counting down health counter?

I watched the visual update video like 6 times, and now again, and still couldn't see what the thing in question is, from the op's description and the red post, i thought it was a.. literal counter.

From your description it sounds like a 'counter' (like hp bars).