Health above Dragon/Baron

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnRen View Post
I think having hp hidden behind a veil of an extra click is kinda silly. If it was done for that reason and say not for ascetics.
^this. The information is already there if you do the extremely simple action of clicking on dragon to get the info panel, and I don't see that click as valuable gameplay. It's not taking any of the skill out of knowing your smite vs their smite or actually timing the smite, its just making it so you dont have to fight the UI for the info you need.

Valenten

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
We are continuing to consider it. There is still a ton of discussion on this feature. I don't think it is in a final state yet, it is just in the state that it happens to be in right now.
I would say only let it show the amount of health from people who contributed to the dmg in the last second or contributed at all if the first is to complicated.

pro crastinat0r

06-10-2014

For me this just seems like a game clarity thing and overall I like it. however if they put the numbers above the Drake and Baron I would think they should do it for Red and Blue buff too since they are also common objectives to have smite wars over.

Exvayate

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKilleR 999 View Post
Both drag and baron have that actually.
Are you talking about Live? Or the pre-beta preview video Riot put up on Friday?

triment

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.

Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.
the part about watching the numbers fall to time a good smite... um correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this what we do already... although we have to click on the dragon to see the health bar numbers... anyways seems like riot would just be trying to make something easier to see, i don't see how that will "take a massive amount of skill out of the jungler's role," just seems like it would make it easier to see the health numbers.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKilleR 999 View Post
The skill should be about trying to calculate how much dps your team or/and the enemy team is doing and making it so your smite is the the thing to take the objective. It shouldn't be about trying to work against a vague health bar, this is much more about knowledge than actual skill.
I really don't get this community or riot. First timer's are something akin to cheating, but now what is basically 10x more of a cheat is being introduced and it's okay?

Why the hell is timing dragon and baron a skill that's worth preserving, but clicking and reading the numbers while paying attention to many other factors not?

Almost feels like i wasted building up my innate memorization of dragon hp bar health v my lvl for nothing.

It's a shame, not that i care extremely, just feels like something that's extremely hyporcritical.

THIS IS SKILLFUL(basic math), BUT TIMING DRAGON SMITES AND WATCHING A HP BAR IN THE FAR CORNER LEFT WHILE SMITING BARON/DRAGON, NOPE.
NO SKILL

It's w/e. Though if you're going to this, you need to automate dragon and baron timers for everyone given that they had vision when it was killed.

Zac x Me

06-10-2014

Why do I get the feeling they're changing LoL into dumb-mode?

Like, why don't you also add an auto-play function that moves your champion around and does all the fighting while you're watching a movie?
Would fit perfectly into all those idicators and imbecile friendly changes that are added to this game recently.

How long until you add timers and similar?

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by triment View Post
the part about watching the numbers fall to time a good smite... um correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this what we do already... although we have to click on the dragon to see the health bar numbers... anyways seems like riot would just be trying to make something easier to see, i don't see how that will "take a massive amount of skill out of the jungler's role," just seems like it would make it easier to see the health numbers.

Right, it makes is much easier, which takes away the skill that the people who worked hard to learn how to do these things simultaneously developed, and makes them on the same playing field even though one is more skilled.

It screws over the people that learned the skill that's been in the game for a long long time, and is changing out of nowhere.

If it does it for baron/drag, why not blue and red too? There are smite wars over them, too.

Ect. ect.

I literally use the hp bar's to time smite for every buff i kill, too, so why not add them in riot?

It's only logical and consistent design...

Though, i think i'm comming off much more saltily than i am on the subject. It's not really all that big of a deal, but it isn't something that will have no effect, and it is unfair to people like myself that learned and practiced a skill. So, either way it's not really something to be up in arms about.

Exvayate

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by triment View Post
I'd have to agree with this.

I do believe that it'd change how the 50/50 fights would work out. Instead on junglers tunneling onto smite stealing Baron/Dragon, they would be able to multitask by fighting with the team and the minute they see the HP bar hit the 100 or 1k mark, they just smite.

The only difference is that you aren't pacing back and forth focusing on when to smite steal, you can keep an eye on the HP bar and fight then come in at the right time to smite.

Let's say no fight breaks out whatsoever and it's just a 1v5 steal attempt, both parties have the benefit of estimating smite easier, but since it's the same for both parties it still boils down to whomever smites at the appropriate time.

SpecterVonBaren

06-10-2014

........... -_- Why are so many people talking as if Dragon and Baron didn't have health bars already? They just made them prettier.

123456 ... 7