Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Health above Dragon/Baron

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedTitan

Recruiter

06-09-2014

So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.


Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-09-2014

Quote:
FatedTitan:
So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.


Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.


We are continuing to consider it. There is still a ton of discussion on this feature. I don't think it is in a final state yet, it is just in the state that it happens to be in right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinn PossibIe

Senior Member

06-09-2014

Go to Sleep ForScience


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodKilleR 999

Senior Member

06-09-2014

The skill should be about trying to calculate how much dps your team or/and the enemy team is doing and making it so your smite is the the thing to take the objective. It shouldn't be about trying to work against a vague health bar, this is much more about knowledge than actual skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exvayate

Senior Member

06-09-2014

Quote:
RiotForScience:
We are continuing to consider it. There is still a ton of discussion on this feature. I don't think it is in a final state yet, it is just in the state that it happens to be in right now.

How about tick marks in their HP bars like shown on Vilemaw's HP bar in Twisted Treeline?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The MechE

Senior Member

06-09-2014

I think it's fine. How does repeatedly needing to click baron after right clicking an enemy champion define skill? It's just a pain in the ass. Smites were always 50/50 at pro level. This won't change that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodKilleR 999

Senior Member

06-09-2014

Quote:
Exvayate:
How about tick marks in their HP bars like shown on Vilemaw's HP bar in Twisted Treeline?

Both drag and baron have that actually.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-09-2014

What? How does what you're describing take more skill?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnRen

Senior Member

06-09-2014

I think having hp hidden behind a veil of an extra click is kinda silly. If it was done for that reason and say not for ascetics.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

Senior Member

06-10-2014

Quote:
RiotForScience:
We are continuing to consider it. There is still a ton of discussion on this feature. I don't think it is in a final state yet, it is just in the state that it happens to be in right now.


Just keep in mind that there are plenty of people, like ME, who WOULD want to see the numeral!!