Kyle Landry - LoL on Piano

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus thy Lord

06-10-2014

The first few responses to this thread are extremely homosexual.

Lazy Fairy

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceplosion View Post
I'll try to answer this with my somewhat limited knowledge of music theory;

When you play two notes or more notes at the same time you get a sound that has a certain amount of dissonance. The more dissonance, the uglier the sound, the less dissonance the nicer the sound is. My guess is that the combinations of white and black keys played in these two songs probably have less dissonance, but black keys don't always sound nicer. For example, the most dissonant sound you can get with two notes is a distance of 4.5 steps, meaning you go up or down 4 white keys and 1 black key (most of the time, but it'd take too long to explain why not all the time.) If you want to play around with the black keys, trying playing a song using only those keys. It'll sound very similar to traditional Asian music, as they usually make heavy use of those notes.

Hope that explains it well enough, as I said before my knowledge of music theory is limited so my apologies if I screwed up.
Really, unless you have perfect pitch (which I would literally kill to have as a musician), you wouldn't notice the difference between a song played only on white keys or only on black keys. Of course many people would notice the difference in pitch, but they would be unable to tell which song was only white and which was only black. That is assuming that both are the same song, and is able to be played using only white and only black.

Drukyul

06-10-2014

his screen name should be Kayle Liandry

EveningGlory

06-10-2014

Great, now I have to go dust off the ole piano... thanks guys.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkvolcanReborn View Post
actually, the answer I was looking for was probably along the lines of this
Except that "answer" is nonsensical. Sharps and flats sound exactly the same as natural notes depending on their relationship to one another.

I could write a piece of music in C (CDEFGAB), it's not going to somehow sound better if I transpose it a semitone up to C# (C#D#FG#A#C) because the "black keys sound better".

LeveI5syndrome

06-10-2014

buy liandry's on kayle if you want me to report you.