Lower Priced Champion Next Patch!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HatLlama

01-21-2011

3150 champs are a gift, guys. You should grateful riot is going to release such a low priced champ.

edit: 3 downvoters HATE gifts, they must be terrorists or something.

Supercrest

01-21-2011

Sweet 3150 boobs are the best!

Mitch Bade

01-21-2011

You say Renekton is an amazing champ, but everyone has been QQing since his release.

I have faith in you guys though, because Swain and Cass are my favorite champs. My brother likes Lux and Caitlyn. You eventually even things out in patches so I don't expect any balanced champs the day they are released.

Moobu

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners,

We are aware that we have had a number of higher IP priced champions of late. However, Renekton was an amazing Champion, and we're confident that he will be worth your IP or RP. We plan to release the next champion at a lower IP price in order to be able to offer a variety of prices for you all. We hope you enjoy Renekton and we look forward to bringing you a lower IP priced champion in the next patch.

~Moneypenny

Update:

Summoners, our next champion is going to be very exciting and fun to play, but we want to ensure we have a mix of IP prices and so we have decided that she will be released at 3150 IP.
So let me get this right? The potency and functionality of the champion is based off of how much time/money we're willing to pitch you? This sounds like a terrible model for balance.

"champion x cost 6300 because he's op, champion y costs 1200 so he should only be allowed to come close to beating champion x. That way people who bought champion x feel like their points were well spent!"

Here's an idea. Make all champs cost 3150 and stop being greedy.

Xement

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

So is this to help us save up for the upcoming 8450 ip Champ

ILIKEGRAPE

01-21-2011

How about you relook at older champions and bring their IP values down to par with the original cast.

Moobu

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilr View Post
wrong. 6300ip is just a bright red sign that says "ca$h only".

I'll give you a hamburger for 60 hours of work or $10. Both are a huge rip-off, but at least you can realistically come up with the $10.
qft

Moobu

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Jack View Post
What other kind of boobs would Riot give her?
How about giant laser boobs? A champion that uses her boobs for all her attacks. =P

Sykah

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobu View Post
So let me get this right? The potency and functionality of the champion is based off of how much time/money we're willing to pitch you? This sounds like a terrible model for balance.

"champion x cost 6300 because he's op, champion y costs 1200 so he should only be allowed to come close to beating champion x. That way people who bought champion x feel like their points were well spent!"

Here's an idea. Make all champs cost 3150 and stop being greedy.
Quickly, downvote him. He's making sense!

diemosus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

I'm buying all of the new champs because of 2 reason. find out do they worth to play and how to encounter them in game.
you released 3 champs in row with 6300 IP price and i just couldnt buy my Armor pen runes.
now you just want to release one 3150 champ?! make the next champ 1350 or release two 3150 in row so we're even.
Thank you.