Lower Priced Champion Next Patch!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

no offense to money penny but you need to come up with a new marketing strategy.

these forum posts about lower priced champions next patch or lowering prices in general are ringing hollow to the ears of your most prolific buyers.

you made a forum post a few months ago in particular heralding more reasonably priced skins and champions and even gave us a skin token for cheap in the form of french maid nidalee. since then however nothing of the sort has occurred. every new skin is 975 and dont even get me started on the champion costs.

the disconnect between what riot says and what they're actually doing is very disconcerting and is not increasing my likelihood to purchase anything.

at the end of the day if you want people to be happier with riot and their purchases i suggest you minimize this sort of marketing PR forum post and focus on actual providing value to riot points purchasers in the form of cheaper skins (what about a 720 price point? 640? 375?) and champions (how about choose your champion bundles.. pick any 3 champs for 1200 riot points or some variation) and i've said this more and more...

REWARD YOUR POWER BUYERS. Do things to make us feel appreciated such as giving us RP discounts, forum titles, an in-game icon, special skin unlocks etc and I guarantee you the flow of money will be continuous and predictable.

TLR
Enough marketing BS. TALK IS CHEAP. More actions to show buyers you appreciate them.

MindFraktur

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners,

We are aware that we have had a number of higher IP priced champions of late. However, Renekton was an amazing Champion, and we're confident that he will be worth your IP or RP. We plan to release the next champion at a lower IP price in order to be able to offer a variety of prices for you all. We hope you enjoy Renekton and we look forward to bringing you a lower IP priced champion in the next patch.

~Moneypenny
Hmmm

CFA L2 Candidate

01-19-2011

Quote:
Summoners,

We are aware that we have had a number of higher IP priced champions of late. However, Renekton was an amazing Champion, and we're confident that he will be worth your IP or RP. We plan to release the next champion at a lower IP price in order to be able to offer a variety of prices for you all. We hope you enjoy Renekton and we look forward to bringing you a lower IP priced champion in the next patch.

~Moneypenny
Hi,

Are you telling me Cass is well worth my IP?

Rgds,
CFA L3 Candidate

Ekir Atari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Summoners,

~Moneypenny
Wait a minute... wait just a minute. Isn't this crossing the line of breaking your own NDA? Not only have we been told that we're getting another new champion (not that we really NEED to be told at this point, but that's another discussion), but we've also been told WHEN.

They told us WHEN something was going to happen! =O

Oh... wait... "next patch" could be months away, couldn't it?

Theorycrafter

01-19-2011

Quote:
Summoners,

~Moneypenny
Variety? you mean a constant mix of 3150's and 6300's?

exi

01-19-2011

the sad truth is that if in some fit of madness on Riot's part the next hero is released at 1350 the forums will probably completely forget about the 6,300 trend before that, and if the heroes after the 1350 were consistently 6,300 or 4,800 most the responses would be "they just gave us a 1350 hero stop being such whiny brats"

Gorchek

01-19-2011

First time riot has ever talked about prices

the cynicism in me is guessing the next champion will be 6299 IP

Shadowsaint

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Mark View Post
no offense to money penny but you need to come up with a new marketing strategy.

these forum posts about lower priced champions next patch or lowering prices in general are ringing hollow to the ears of your most prolific buyers.

you made a forum post a few months ago in particular heralding more reasonably priced skins and champions and even gave us a skin token for cheap in the form of french maid nidalee. since then however nothing of the sort has occurred. every new skin is 975 and dont even get me started on the champion costs.

the disconnect between what riot says and what they're actually doing is very disconcerting and is not increasing my likelihood to purchase anything.

at the end of the day if you want people to be happier with riot and their purchases i suggest you minimize this sort of marketing PR forum post and focus on actual providing value to riot points purchasers in the form of cheaper skins (what about a 720 price point? 640? 375?) and champions (how about choose your champion bundles.. pick any 3 champs for 1200 riot points or some variation) and i've said this more and more...

REWARD YOUR POWER BUYERS. Do things to make us feel appreciated such as giving us RP discounts, forum titles, an in-game icon, special skin unlocks etc and I guarantee you the flow of money will be continuous and predictable.

TLR
Enough marketing BS. TALK IS CHEAP. More actions to show buyers you appreciate them.

This person sums it up. Give us more choice. But dont gouge us.

Lady Gagaaaa

01-19-2011

inb4 6299 champ is released

Blackfeather

01-19-2011

Any IP price can be lower than 6.3k.......... just sayin'