Lower Priced Champion Next Patch!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhatsAGrimace

01-19-2011

Master yi costs 450 ip and is better then the last handle full of new champs that cost 3k-6k (imo)

pump out an original champ for 1k, they dont have to be amazingly powerful... like cait (who is 6k for some reason)... >.>

Eydolon

01-19-2011

A 450 IP champ!!

I dare you

Saldean

01-19-2011

A new champion Approaches: asdfasdf, the clump of pixels

Indexus

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
Summoners,

We are aware that we have had a number of higher IP priced champions of late. However, Renekton was an amazing Champion, and we're confident that he will be worth your IP or RP. We plan to release the next champion at a lower IP price in order to be able to offer a variety of prices for you all. We hope you enjoy Renekton and we look forward to bringing you a lower IP priced champion in the next patch.

~Moneypenny
To be honest, I do agree with Renekton price. He seems like a really good champ, worth the price.
But instead of throwing us a bone, being a low IP price champ, I would love, you guys rethought the pricing on champs like Caitlyn.

Har

01-19-2011

Well, that's good news.

I just hope they don't now go and release a 975 RP / 4800 IP champ and call that enough.

Seriously, if your business model doesn't allow you to release at 585 - 975 RP and 1350 - 3150 - 4800 - 6300 in equal amounts, then you don't have a good business model, and you need to improve it to where it does.

Were I an investor, I would be very worried of a company that feels compelled to never leave its own self-defined highest possible price bracket for every single product they put out just to meet expectations. Very worried.

MonkeyMojo

01-19-2011

So...

If riot releases a 6300IP champ ppl QQ
If riot says they realize they've been releasing high IP champs and will release a lower IP champ.... ppl QQ

GG riot, gg.

iRonin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Does this mean the next Champion gonna be crapola?

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Renekton is is god forsaken horrible champion and worth about 1350 ip. What are you guys smoking?

LilDrood

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
Renekton is is god forsaken horrible champion and worth about 1350 ip. What are you guys smoking?
"I BOUGHT THE SKIN PACK FOR 10$ SO I FEEL ENTITLED TO PRE NERF XIN STYLE PENTA KILLS CUS HE'S A MELEE CHAMP THAT'S 6300 DURING THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF HIS RELEASE WHEN NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO PLAY HIM!"

I think I translated that correctly, anybody wanna double check?

TitanMD

01-19-2011

I rather they just give us IP discounts on current champs.