OCE needs your help. We are trying to get Riot do enable ranked at all hours

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manly Town

06-09-2014

bump

Manly Town

06-09-2014

Cedriel

Country Manager Chile

06-10-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Manly Town, I wanted to touch on a few things regarding your post.

The first point is that the restrictions you mention are common, and instituted for good reason: it is impossible (and I mean impossible) to keep a good standard of matchmaking when few people are in the matchmaking queue. The average wait time during the day is not a good measure of whether the matchmaking queue would have sufficient players of different skill levels to make sure that the player experience would be good during 4-8am. We actually have very similar restrictions in place for both LAN and LAS servers, and our players constantly remind us that they'd like more flexibility. We've gradually loosened some restrictions up and regularly look into whether it would make sense to lift the rest—and I'm fairly sure that the Live team for OCE does this as well.

The second one is that posting in NA GD about issues in other regions is less effective than you'd think: our accounts work the same as those of our players and red name access is granted on a per-account basis—that is, for one region only. Few Rioters go through the process multiple times to get red accounts for multiple regions. This is important because Rioters from other regions don't have access to all the information that would let us have an informed opinion about this, and we certainly don't have the say to change it. I can empathize with you and maybe ask internally, but this is dramatically less effective than catching the attention of OCE Rioters—who are much scarcer here than they are in the OCE forums!

Kratospie

06-10-2014

That was the worst support ticket ever. Obviously the replies are automatic and only noticed that he mentioned queue times, which caused the automatic, "We're working on queue times!" response.

I didn't know that regions had ranked queue restricted between times, seems like a pretty odd system to me when some queues even in NA (*coughdraftdominoncough*) have queue times of 30+ minutes on average.

Boyahda

06-10-2014

Wow, I had no idea that so few people play on OCE.

Dies to Wolves

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedriel View Post
snip
I'd like to point out (about your second point, of posting on riot NA) that maybe he's doing it because he knows that Riot NA is the only place he can actually get attention.

I play on the BR server, and the BR Riot is very hard to reach and overall sucks as far as interacting with players goes, compared to NA. It's absurdly easier to get attention on the NA forums.

~also~

a certain Rioter told me that Rioters do have "riot powers" (can meddle / interfere / whatever) regardless of server (that is, an NA Rioter can act in other servers) :O

Manly Town

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedriel View Post
Hey Manly Town, I wanted to touch on a few things regarding your post.

The first point is that the restrictions you mention are common, and instituted for good reason: it is impossible (and I mean impossible) to keep a good standard of matchmaking when few people are in the matchmaking queue. The average wait time during the day is not a good measure of whether the matchmaking queue would have sufficient players of different skill levels to make sure that the player experience would be good during 4-8am. We actually have very similar restrictions in place for both LAN and LAS servers, and our players constantly remind us that they'd like more flexibility. We've gradually loosened some restrictions up and regularly look into whether it would make sense to lift the rest—and I'm fairly sure that the Live team for OCE does this as well.

The second one is that posting in NA GD about issues in other regions is less effective than you'd think: our accounts work the same as those of our players and red name access is granted on a per-account basis—that is, for one region only. Few Rioters go through the process multiple times to get red accounts for multiple regions. This is important because Rioters from other regions don't have access to all the information that would let us have an informed opinion about this, and we certainly don't have the say to change it. I can empathize with you and maybe ask internally, but this is dramatically less effective than catching the attention of OCE Rioters—who are much scarcer here than they are in the OCE forums!
okay but i'm still going to bump this because i disagree with you

Hyrum Graff

06-10-2014

Post on the community beta! #AccessibleByAllRegions

LVNsNASmurf

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrum Graff View Post
Post on the community beta! #AccessibleByAllRegions
#UglyAndLowFeaturedRedditRipoff.

But really, riot, hire more bloody OCE community people so that our forums feel like more than a dumping ground where you can ignore us.

Cedriel

Country Manager Chile

06-10-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies to Wolves View Post
a certain Rioter told me that Rioters do have "riot powers" (can meddle / interfere / whatever) regardless of server (that is, an NA Rioter can act in other servers) :O
(shh! the world is not ready to know!)