Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Avarell, the Industry Titan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaporware

06-05-2014

Avarell, the Industry Titan

I just recently re-watched the Looney Tunes version of A Christmas Carol and I thought that LoL could use a reformed businessman in the League. Think an early 20's aged Ebenezer Scrooge with a strength enhancing bodysuit and flowing trench coat - because trench coats are cool.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-r1biPwx1w-I/UZrMG0CDjLI/AAAAAAAACGE/xU8fgI3-wLU/s1600/STStar-Trek-Into-darkness-Hollywood-movie-1.jpg

That was what I envisioned Avarell looking like. Anyways, what he's like as a champion:

Role: Tank, Fighter

Passive
Root of All Evil: For every 400 gold spent in the shop, Avarell permanently gains 1 armor and magic resistance up to a cap of 50 stacks. When Avarell reaches max stacks, this passive becomes He With the Most Toys, gaining bonus 30% armor and magic resistance.

Q
Worker's Slight: Avarell swings a wicked fast hook in a short arc in front of him, damaging all enemies in the arc for 10/30/50/70/90 physical damage (+20% armor, +20% magic resistance).
Range: 200
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 mana
Cooldown: 3/2.75/2.5/2.25/2

W
Bull Market: Avarell leaps to a target location, dealing 20/50/80/100/120 physical damage (+10% max health) and knocking up all enemies in a 125 radius.
Range: 750
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/13

E
Break the Competition: Avarell charges forward in the direction he is facing, dealing 10/30/50/70/90 physical damage (20% armor, 20% magic resistance, 10% max health) knocking the first enemy champion hit aside and slowing all other champions by 40% for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
Range: 450
Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6

R
Pauper's Solution
: Avarell channels for 1 second, raises the figurative market (see also: big rock) and throws it in a line dealing 200/270/340 physical damage (+50% armor, +50% magic resistance, +10% max health) and stunning all enemies hit for 2/2.25/2.5 seconds. Every subsequent champion hit will take 10% reduced damage, but will take the full duration of the stun.
Projectile Speed: 1800
Cooldown: 200/160/130

Lore
Avarell Lucrum was born into a penniless, parent-less home in the slums of Noxus, never expected to fulfill the Noxus way and rise above his unfortunate station in life without the support of his absent father and mother. However, it became obvious from birth that the young, wild haired child was special. Since the day he could talk, Avarell had a talent for seeing patterns and numbers in ways that even the most well educated of Noxus struggled to find. His penchant for numbers and patterns naturally drove him to research finance and personal enterprise, but when he realized that he would require advanced – and very expensive – accreditation to pursue such a career, Avarell decided that Noxus was not the place for him to pursue his great ambition: a global conglomerate that would provide him and whatever family he planned to form (still single, ladies!) a safe, comfortable living, no matter what the cost to others.

It was for this reason that Avarell left Noxus and made way for a place he had heard of in stories as the “City of Progress”: Piltover. When he arrived, he found himself in heaven; he was presented with the opportunity to educate himself and make his own fortune. He attended the School of Financial Application and Pedagogy after having impressed the dean with a change-over-time chart that detailed the rise and fall of major Piltover company stocks over a year. Despite concerns voiced by his professors over his lack of compassion and fiery competitive spirit, Avarell quickly gained a business license and entered the market with his flagship techmaturgy company, Lucrum Heavy Industries.

LHI quickly gained a reputation for extreme aggression in the business sphere, with Avarell refusing to obey any sort of collusion and forcing extreme progress at the cost of his workers' health. LHI became very well known for their long, hard hours, lack of health benefits, and minimal pay. His superior products – mostly mass-produced, high quality weapons ranging from swords to mana cannons – reaped huge profits, which Avarell reinvested in a series of buyouts that took the majority of the techmaturgy market share and made Avarell Lucrum one of the richest and most powerful men in Piltover. He was haughty, rich, and powerful – everything that he had wanted to be since his pauper days in Noxus.

When one of his factories caught fire and Avarell caught word that his supervisors there had locked the doors of the factory to prevent desertion of work, killing all inside, Avarell was surprised and horrified at what his ideas – profit at all costs – had caused. He fell into a deep depression, disappearing from the limelight and wandering the darker corners of the City of Progress. Considering himself irredeemable, Avarell planned to kill himself. On the night he planned to end it all, he ran into the Sheriff of Piltover, Caitlyn. He drunkenly confessed his identity, his sins, and his plan to end it all, only to be rebuffed by Caitlyn. She called him a coward, and demanded that he pay back the families of his dead workers and Piltover as a whole by serving the city selflessly for the rest of his life. Avarell took those words to heart.

Returning to LHI, Avarell had his build team create for him a specialized, human-formed suit – an exoskeleton that greatly enhanced his physical strength and speed, making him almost non-human in his physical abilities. He ditched his tuxedos and fancy suits for more rustic attire to cover the exoskeleton, and decided that the best way to serve Piltover was to compete in the League of Legends. He sold his company to Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor, and entered the League, prepared to take fame and fortune for the City of Progress and to find redemption in battling for the betterment of his city.

“Profit margins and win-loss ratios are very similar, as I seem to find myself excelling at both.”
-Avarell, the Industry Titan

“As much as I disliked how he operated his company before, I have to admit...he's quite good with his hands and numbers.”
-Caitlyn, the Piltover Enforcer

Upon selection
“Let's reap a profit, Summoner.”

Upon entering a match
“Not much to work with, but we'll manage.”
“From humble beginnings...”
“Watch what I cook up; you might be surprised.”
“I've got a good feeling about this venture.”
“We all start somewhere.”

Upon making a purchase of more than 1500 gold
“Grossly avaricious.”
“If it's more expensive, that means it's better. Most of the time.”
“My work bears fruit.”
“This will turn the tide.”
“Wasteful spending, or brilliant investment? Even I don't know yet.”
“That'll do nicely for the collection.”
“Sold, to the man building an empire.”

Upon reaching max stacks of Root of All Evil
“Have I really spent so much?”
“Like a Piltoverian wife on honeymoon.”
“What a rich feeling this is!”
“I cannot begin to state how successful this venture was.”

Attacking
“I'll build a business foundation on their backs.”
“If I were snobbier, I'd be calling these fools charlatans.”
“I'll bury them in my wealth.”
“Worry? Why? I'm the best at what I do.”
“Aaaaaaaaand buyout!”
“Business 101: never work against me.”
“Remember my name.”
“Paydirt.”
“This will create a surplus.”
“Losing is never desirable.”

Movement
“Margins are not everything...but they are something.”
“The future is a maybe, only.”
“It's not the heads who move the world, it's the hands.”
“No matter what it is, I'm good for it. Trust me.”
“Making moves on the competition.”
“This, I can do.”
“Moving out.”
“For the glory of Piltover!”
“Smashing.”
“I make only the best decisions.”
“I make my own future.”
“On the rise, as expected.”

Taunt

“I think, for you, aggressive buyout is our only option.”
“Going once, going twice...and this beating is sold! To you, the morons who challenged me!”
“Now which part of the market shall I corner today?”

Joke
“Please, spirits, no more! ...Oh. Nothing there.
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! …You. Saw. Nothing.”

-Joke w/ Caitlyn on team AND within 100 units of Avarell
“Always pleasant to see you, Sheriff.”
“You didn't happen to bring the fuzzy cuffs, did ya, Sheriff?”

Using [W] Bull Market
“Fly!”
“Engage thrusters!”
“I'm going in!”

Using [E] Break the Competition
“Outta the way!”
“Step aside!”
“I'm working here, move it!”