Renekton Think Tank - let's consolidate what works and doesn't here

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDragun

01-19-2011

MR is one of the reasons Spirit Visage is so good on him, which gives 30 MR. What are the other stats on it? CDR check. 250 hitpoints check. The healing effect is trivial but that's not the real reason you get SV, it's just a little frosting on top. People reject SV because the healing effect is small but in fact the other stats on the item are fantastic for its price.

Dayor Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-19-2011

I was trying out a whole lot of different builds yesterday, both what was recommended in the spotlight and what was just the ideas off the top of my head.

Stats were 21/9/0
Runes were
Quints: Armor Pen
Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue CDR/lvl

Best build I found in PRACTICE MATCHES (not yet tested live thanks to server issues)

Skills order goes
w, e, q, w, w, r... then whatever you feel like.

The reason for this is that W applies on hit effects plus bonus damage, combined with a stun. This "on hit effect" includes lifesteal, which seems to chunk up a lot more than his little spin move does at early levels. The spin is wonderful for farming, don't get me wrong, but early game it seems like the best restore+dps move (for single targets) is his stun/multi-hit.

The first item I buy is a Vamp Scepter so that I can get full lifesteal effects from his W.

Item Order:
Vamp Scepter
Level 1 boots
Kindlegem (CDR is vital at this level, the HPS are nice too)

Level 2 boots (Merc treads for defense, Swiftness for Ganking, and Zerkers if you are owning)

Here you can choose to focus on his Spirit Visage or Mandreds Razor, whichever you think you need more. (I like the Spirit Visage, but I play defensive... another option is Wiggles Lantern if you use the Active enough to justify its expense, and you already have the vamp scepter)

Brutalizer comes next, followed by Youmuus ghostblade. (That, with your CDR runes and visage, puts your Cool-down at about 38%. No need for boots!)

At this point, the game should be over or near to it, but if it continues to drag out, I would try to get to the Infinity Edge for DPS or Phantom Dancer for gankability... but the PD really didn't seem all that impressive when I put one on him, so I would aim more towards the IE unless I needed some added durability or MR, then I might think to shoot for a FoN for the added healing and movespeed on top of the MR.

I need to try him in real games and see how he stands up to other AD champs. and so forth. He seems to be able to shred single targets and even two squishies at once... but I am really worried that he is going to get burned down fast in teamfights without the durability to hold his own like his brother.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions are more than welcome! I love this champ and haven't had as much fun figuring things out in this game in a few months.

BRAVO RIOT!!!

Jairoe

01-19-2011

I guess my question is how much is enough MR though on a normal game (against a team that's balanced AP/AD ideally)? Should I get just 30 MR or should I extend to 60+? Sure Spirit VIsage is good, but I'm also giving up getting AD along the way, which ideally you would want? Theoretically, I can see myself getting Spirit Visage fairly early and late game replacing it with Force of Nature if necessary. Ideally, I would want to be able to still commit most of my resources to +AD. Where in my item build should I even start to include Spirit Visage? After ghostblade? Seems like I can get ghostblade fairly early and I'm at a stage of the game where I'm not yet susceptiple to the magic attack, but possibly could get Spirit Visage in anticipation that I might bite the dust in the next team fight without +MR.

I will consider a Vamp Scepter start but I do get 2 Doran's fairly quickly (which is half the life steal of a Vamp Scepter) but also includes +200 health and +16 AD. Those 3 hits at level 1 if I even go W first would only amount to about 5-6 HP per hit or 15-18 HP roughly, which is about as comparable if not slightly worse (if you can catch 5-6 minions/champs) than Q. And that's also at the expense of my early game health buffer.

ReadInPeace

01-19-2011

I was thinking about Rylai's for the slow on every spell... better chases and better presence with his ult up.

However, the 0.1(!!!) AP scaling on his ult is pretty pathetic, even if it lasts for long.

And if you're really fed and just toying around, spellvamp gives even more heals! Gunblade pewpew...

(Just some food for thought.)

I Might Grin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-19-2011

So far, Renekton is not a viable jungle either, im spending quite a few games here trying different masteries / runes, and jungle camp rotations, he just doesn't steal enough hp at lvl 1, and his attack speed is abysmal

wingwill

01-19-2011

Something which works pretty good for me...

doran's shield - some health and regen which is never a bad thing

boots - else your slow

upgraded boots - i always get merc threads, if you get cc'd your dead pretty much...

sunfire - Helps with farming more gold and a decent armor boost and constant damage output, Sunfire + lvl 1 ult gives you a decent 90 dps for just being near the enemy and can hit multiple enemys

spirit visage - health, MR, CDR and more healing from Q

After this you will have about 2500 health and about 120 armor and 120 MR...
Low for a tank
High for a melee dps

brutalizer - more dps and CDR

Phantom dancer - more movement speed

Rest after that is optional...

Puddinpopz

01-19-2011

Rush GA.
CD boots
Sword of the Occult
Spirit Visage
Warmogs
BF sword(upgrade to whatever)

lvl 1 : e
lvl 2 : w
lvl 3 + : max Q

Farm middle.

TOPnation

01-19-2011

I didnt see anything on the post that uses what I tried so I thought I'd post my item build.

Because im IP poor I use my trynda crit rune book. All t3 crit runes.
This actually ended up being pretty nice and i'll explain why.

I start out with a ruby crystal. The extra HP is nice because it allows me to stay in the lane a bit longer to harass or even get an early kill.

I then work through the game to eventually have phage and CDR boots.

In my opinion renekton is a great chaser because of his ability to escape or chase farther. A slow on his attack only makes him more deadly.

Before I get another item I turn the phage into my frozen mallet and start working towards either banshees or sunfire cape(banshees for heavy AP opponents or sunfire for heavy AD apponents). These add to the health pool and give bonus defenses which make you more viable in team fights.

Next I work on starks fervor by getting just an emblem of valor for additional lifesteal. I get a pickaxe after that. This is all followed by finishing starks and making the pickaxe into an infinity edge.

Theory: With the crit rune book, at the end of this build you should be above 35% close to 40% with slowing attacks from mallet and attack speed from starks. You have great surviveability with close to 3k HP and some mag resist or armor.

All of this adds up to Renekton, the greatest chaser in the game.

Availer

01-19-2011

here's what i tried and worked: ghost + cleanse

Items: Dorans blade, boots of lucidity, ghostblade, randuin's omen, bloodthirster

even before getting BT i was doing enormous dammage and surviving through fights, randuins helps greatly with the health the cdr and the slow, ghostblade makes up for the AS in teamfights and i have cds as low as ~5 seconds

Rhynox89

Master Recruiter

01-19-2011

Hey guys, I have read everything that was said and I agree with a bit that everyone is saying, however, Ren is kind of like Warwick, where you do not really need to focus on dps because unlike warwick every ability you have does damage. Ren is a Tanky DPS and needs to be built like so. I start off with maxing Q, because this is what lets you stay in a lane and farm, early farming with Ren is key. By level three you should atleast one skill point in everything. Starting off I get a Dorian's shield, the armor, health, and regen are priceless. Make sure you are last hitting everything and since Q range is decent this should not be a problem.

For runes I got Armor pen marks, Flat armor yellows, and Flat Magic resist blues, and Flat health quints. Early game noone can harass you, espically with a Q or 2 every wave. Masteries I go 15/6/9. You need the extra exp from utility and then both the Armor/MR from defense that with a runes make you a beast laner early game and then you keep it throughout the game. I first build CDR boots, into brut, into Spirit Visage. These 3 items cap your CDR pretty fast. Brut turns into Ghostblade, then depending on their team I go for Cloak of Flames, if they have alot of AD or Hexdrinker if they got alot of AP plus with Spirit Visage thats +60 MR and Hexbringer also gives a bit of damage as a bonus, Now that your pretty Tanky I go for IE the extra damage is nice, and from there I would just get a Bloodthirster or whatever you feel like. Remember, your cooldowns with 40%CDR is going to be the most of your damage, you can Q every 5ish seconds W every 6ish and E every 5 or 4. If you stack damage thats meh because sure the scale is decent but not great enough if you can not spam your abilites.

You could also mess with your masteries and go 8/3/19 to get the 9% CDR and not have to worry about the CDR boots, and go with Merc Treads or BoS, or not be poor like me and get some CDR runes lol. Just my 2 cents.

12345612 ... 14