Renekton Think Tank - let's consolidate what works and doesn't here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

robhimself

01-27-2011

The build I find that works the best is,

Doran's Shield > Cdr boots > Brut > Sunfire cape > Ghost Blade > Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet. Bold is core.

I can usually get my core around 20-25 minutes, once you have Sunfire Cape your farm is ridiculous and the dot in conjunction with your ult is extremely devastating.

pwnstylez

01-27-2011

Been experimenting with this build

crit red
flat armour yellow (thinking of switching to flat hp, need IP)
mr/lvl blue (eventually going to switch to flat CDR, need IP)
flat hp quint

Boots -> Brutalizer -> Merc Treads(will probably switch to Ionian boots once i get CDR blues) -> Ghostblade -> Banshee's Veil/Atma's/Frozen Mallet -> Phantom Dancer

After Ghostblade, items depend on enemy team composition, I generally focus on HP items first if i'm confused on whether i should get MR or ARMR first, i don't prioritize finishing frozen mallet, i just like the slow from phage and hp from giants belt for atma's passive.

Next game I plan to get aegis right after ghostblade, seems like a great item on him : http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Renek...00000&level=18

120+ Defenses, 2.8k+ hp,
this is not a tank build, just a tough dps, i wouldn't even call it off-tank, renek is pretty squishy, he shines after lvl 3, and is pretty proficient at taking any type of champ down, his CC and damage are pretty good.

I think he's pretty balanced but I wouldn't mind at all if he got a minor buff in any way

11/18/1 masteries,
Current: http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Renek...00000&level=18
Ideal : http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Renek...00000&level=18

so far the games have been pretty short, never actually got to finish my 4th item in a game, wins>losses, but im still testing

Renek is not a tank or a carry, i try not to play him as either

kAzEkiD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskissbangbang View Post
The build I find that works the best is,

Doran's Shield > Cdr boots > Brut > Sunfire cape > Ghost Blade > Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet. Bold is core.

I can usually get my core around 20-25 minutes, once you have Sunfire Cape your farm is ridiculous and the dot in conjunction with your ult is extremely devastating.
i agree 100% with your core items, although I lke to go for a randuin's omen after i finish ghostblade and then get black cleaver after that. Having a reliable aoe slow that also reduces enemy AS is pretty huge for teamfights, not to mention extra CDR and survivability is awesome.

Lord of Asia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Right now, I'm liking a
Doran's Shield > CDR Boots > Frozen Mallet > Ghostblade/ Black Cleaver

By then, the game is over. :/

Redenbacher

02-03-2011

Past few games I've had success starting with boots + 3HPots, rushing Ionian CDR boots, then some survivability depending on the amount of gold I have. Sometimes it's straight to Spirit Visage for max CDR, sometimes it's Phage, sometimes it's a Doran's Blade.

Then I build situationally to counter the enemy team, if tanky is necessary, I'll rush Guardian Angel, otherwise, I'll go for Brutalizer (if I didn't get Spirit Visage), and then phage + damage items.

Guardian Angel sounds silly, I agree, but what I've found out is that if you can get it before 25 minutes, that revive is ALOT more effective than end game. You can rush in to a teamfight, cause havoc, get focused down, revive, pop your ultimate, Q, and wipe them out. This will result in a teamfight victory, and 1 or 2 towers down in your favor.

EDIT: By the way, since the buff, is Renekton a viable jungler now?