We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

universe within

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2014

Any word on when we can expect this update?

(This season, next season?)

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2014

RiotForScience do you have any kinda of ETA for when the VU of SR will arrive live?

Splinterheart

06-25-2014

RiotForScience, can we expect to see different particles to the bleed particles when hitting the stone creatures of the rift?
Seems a bit weird that the rocks bleed :P (I think there's some other inconsistency with turrets and inhibs bleeding too).

VENlVIDlVICl

06-25-2014

RiotForScience, I'm not comfortable with the 'holes' in the map. I don't care about non-important holes like the one at the red spawning platform; they actually look great. I do have some problems with walls that have been changed into holes though. An example of this is the wall at the dragon pit. It makes it quite difficult for me to actually guess how much thick the wall (the hole) is and that makes it difficult to guess if I can flash at a certain point or if I won't make it.

Lans1ing

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
We are finally ready to show the world the updates that we have been making to summoner's rift. Please check out our preview video.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/17076

I would love to hear your feedback!
I would like to know whether abilities such as Diana's E and Q particles would shine more on the new summoners rift?

GodKilleR 999

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
The user-interface people are not actually wrapped into this project but I will mention it to them.
Thanks!

Duriel

06-25-2014

Hey RiotForScience, will we ever be seeing a Harrowing version of this map? Or a Winter themed version? Those are bar-none the versions of SR I had the MOST fun on. Specifically Harrowing, I loved the immersive lighting you guys had, and I've never had the same feel for the game ever since that map was removed.. it makes me sad.

Please say you're looking into deviations of the current map to use for the holidays or for year-round usage?

Nimir Rah

06-25-2014

I had a question concerning the tombstones on the map. I thought they were supposed to represent scrapped champions, and that they also had something to do with the Harrowing map. Will they no longer be on the new Summoners Rift?

Second, are we going to get a new Victory and Defeat screen/button now that we're getting a new map?

PkMn Trainer X

06-26-2014

I can't wait to see what goodies you ladies and gentlemen are cooking up at riot HQ! and have you noticed the bug where a champ's body bounces once after coming back into view from the FOW? its hella funny!

IlIlIIllIIlIlIII

06-26-2014

Piss poor job as always, Riot. Thanks!