We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Scyphozoa

06-09-2014

That new MINIMAP tho!!
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2984
Size:  17.6 KB
Now that...that is a sexy minimap.

The Scyphozoa

06-09-2014

I mean just LOOK at that thing! DAYUM!
Like you can actually TELL that the boss pit walls are thicker at the tri-brush and thinner next to red buff.
The walls are actually pieces of color and not just blobs of squiggles that you can only tell they look like mountains or trees if you find a high-res version.

Crewx

06-09-2014

I am loving the theme for buildings, I can see from their death animations the towers fall down into some sort of abyss. I'm guessing this is so the League of Legends doesn't have to repair all the broken towers, just slip a new one up in the hole.

I also like the different between the two jungles. The blue side seems brighter and the red side seems like it's night time.

I'd still like to know if the jungle monsters do their animations when stealthed champions walk by, I noticed those little stone idols by Blue Sentinel turned towards the guy in the bush.

Zeralyos

06-09-2014

I noticed that the nexi and inhibitors rotate very slowly. How about they spin faster and faster as they are damaged?

Tysheth

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Having a really clear circumference around the towers is problematic from a design perspective because it would allow players to stand 1 pixel outside of the range something we would prefer there to be some risk/mastery in order to do.
I thought you guys were big on readability and clarity. What's so masterful about memorizing which pixel gets you hit by the turret and which pixel doesn't? It just sounds like needless burden of knowledge to me.

iAteMyVegetables

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysheth View Post
I thought you guys were big on readability and clarity. What's so masterful about memorizing which pixel gets you hit by the turret and which pixel doesn't? It just sounds like needless burden of knowledge to me.
Turret dives become something you need to put no thought into. People have a lot of times taken free turret shots even if not diving. There's a line atm in Co-op vs A.I. purely for learning the range, but I would never want it in normal games or ranked. And instead of a line it being broken down ground or w/e is the same thing and it's lame.

Coredor

06-09-2014

Watching the new SR map walk-through just some quick thoughts and questions.

1) I think baron would look better if he actually opened up a PERMANENT hole when he busted through the floor. Right now, he opens a sort of hole, and then the hole disappears and he merges into he floor. Looks very weird.

2) Wraith camp/Bird camp??? looks a little empty. I think you would expect to see some sort of nest for the birds to give it that kind of actual jungle feel. (whether you put some twigs/nest on the ground or made one hanging over head) I feel like it would definitely add to the fantasy of jungle a little more.

3) Do you think putting the actual HP of baron over it's head will effect gameplay? It should make stealing baron significantly easier now that you don't have to actually target him, then look at the bar.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-09-2014
66 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scyphozoa View Post
That new MINIMAP tho!!
Attachment 983660
Now that...that is a sexy minimap.
Just as a warning that mini-map is still very much a work in progress. I am glad you like it, we are trying to get something that is very clear and readable. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see in that regard I would love to hear it.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-09-2014
67 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhlax View Post
After watching the Spanish live preview, I really liked a few things:
The baron RESPAWN/death animation
The tower death animation
The distant view
The new camps and minions are good.
Dragon and baron HEALTH BAR!
Glows, light ray and other effects that make the map come to life

Not impressed:
Baron's attack animation(minimal animation to improve performance?)
The pinkish starting/shopping area (feels very girly)
Nexus death animation (the "victory" text could use a graphical update?)

The Baron bugs out when you use the invulnerable dev-cheat ( Apparently that did not get messaged to our Spanish team prior to them creating the video). There should be some footage coming soon that shows what he can actually do.

TigerScream

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
...If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see in that regard I would love to hear it.
THIS!
http://leaguecraft.com/uimods/312-re...7-9-2011.xhtml

I really, really love the idea of taking an actual top-down view of the map (think google satellite images) and using that as a base. I also like how you have the 'unpassable' terrain clearly darkened out on the current new minimap.