We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakonitus

06-08-2014

@RiotForScience, do you think that with this huge update in the Summoner Rift, Riot will put more priority in Visual Update for champions who don't fit "too much" the new map?

For example: Malphite in the new map can be a little weird. A map so modern and a champion with a visual a little old.

Btw, brazilian players are loving this map update o/

amazaki90

06-08-2014

Liked the new summoner's rift, tons of players also. I just hope it doesnt lagg much beacuse it might take a lot of ram, but over all wating for that new update

aceofsween

06-08-2014

RiotForScience,

Will this fix the weird vision clipping issue on the blue side golems? If you're standing to the right of the golems, you can attack the big golem and as it approaches you, it'll pass out of your vision.

Cyrus Blackmoon

06-08-2014

Would this mean that we would also get Winter and Summer Variations too? Or is that still out?

iAteMyVegetables

06-08-2014

Ok so I noticed that the turrets from red and blue side are different. The thing is though I feel the red ones are way more epic. You see that light coming from it as well, just like what you see at the nexus. While blue side just looks like normal turrets only ofcourse better looking, but they're just in the ground like normal. So is that final or will the blue side also get that light from it, just a different design than the red side.

Also I wonder why there are no differences in turret designs from red/blue side nexus turrets and inhib turrets. It would be great if Nexus turrets would look the strongest 'cause it's protecting the most important thing, and even the Inhib turrets they're more important than the lane turrets imo. It would be so great to see some variety, maybe even something as simple as difference in sizes. And I feel like the Nexus is too small, since it's the most important thing, if you destroy that you win, so it being that small, I don't know, it feels less epic.

Tl;dr I hope that the turrets get more variety. (Lane, Inhib, Nexus turrets. And difference in red/blue side) And that the Nexus becomes bigger so it has more of an epic feel.

Monopoker

06-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
2. Having a really clear circumference around the towers is problematic from a design perspective because it would allow players to stand 1 pixel outside of the range something we would prefer there to be some risk/mastery in order to do.
This sounds like it goes directly against Riot's design goal of "The player should fight their opponents, not the game."

Penteano

06-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doranrings View Post
lol

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2014

Could we get some treasure chests by Baron and Dragon to show that there's a reason to actually kill them? Also: Have the chests be closed when Baron/Dragon is live and have them open once they're killed.

Psilocide

06-08-2014

Hi, I know multiple people who have way below expected performance with the GTX 760's with league. Do you know of this problem and will this update do anything to help that and are you guys looking into it. Thank you and I cannot wait for this update. Any updates when itll be on pbe?

DarkerNectron

06-08-2014

two questions:

1) will the bottom lane tribush sign actually put the ward into the tribush from dragon pit now? (or could its area be increased?)

2) will baron nashor be wearing a fedora?