We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by krotoxx View Post
I saw someone's concern about shaco not being able to deceive over walls with the VU, and you mentioned that wont be an issue. That post got me thinking about Yasuo though, because with proper positioning to all the jungle camps he can dash over walls, with the VU will he still be able to do that with proper character placement?

I don't understand how this is a question.

Riot has said that all the 'flashable walls' remain the same. This means the walls are the same thickness meaning all skills that went over those walls will continue to work.

Yes- there will be some skills with different ranges that might be removed from a couple areas of the map but it won't change the fundimental mechanic of how blinks or dashes handle impassable terrain (dash = faceplant into wall it doesn't put you 100% through, blink = go over if it would have put you 50+ percent through the wall)

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-07-2014
62 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krotoxx View Post
I saw someone's concern about shaco not being able to deceive over walls with the VU, and you mentioned that wont be an issue. That post got me thinking about Yasuo though, because with proper positioning to all the jungle camps he can dash over walls, with the VU will he still be able to do that with proper character placement?
Yes all of these things will be identical, except for a few places where alterations were deliberately made to fix bugs or improve balance.

I am going to get a bit technical for a bit but bear with me. The visual elements of the map are not what you are actually playing with. The thing that is determining collision, flashing, dasing, pathing is called a nav-mesh or nav-grid. It is a single piece of invisible geometry that determines where a player can or cannot go. That mesh has been duplicated directly from the map you are currently playing on so all of those gameplay elements will be exactly the same. It is the exact same map just with a visual update that will hopefully clarify what that nav-mesh is actually doing.

Does that help?

BestSansaChan NW

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Yes all of these things will be identical, except for a few places where alterations were deliberately made to fix bugs or improve balance.

I am going to get a bit technical for a bit but bear with me. The visual elements of the map are not what you are actually playing with. The thing that is determining collision, flashing, dasing, pathing is called a nav-mesh or nav-grid. It is a single piece of invisible geometry that determines where a player can or cannot go. That mesh has been duplicated directly from the map you are currently playing on so all of those gameplay elements will be exactly the same. It is the exact same map just with a visual update that will hopefully clarify what that nav-mesh is actually doing.

Does that help?
Thanks for the excellent clarification above, was great for a layman to get some insight into how the game actually functions!

So gameplay is the same, minus the "few bugs or balance improvement"? Can you shed some light or at least give us an idea of what the minor changes will be?

Zerglinator

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post

Does that help?
New featured game mode idea: the navmesh is on but the actual objects on the map are invisible

Hamadriade

06-07-2014

Any ETA for SR VU on PBE?

Oriental

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamadriade View Post
Any ETA for SR VU on PBE?

Approximately 69 years til release

UltimaGalaxy

06-07-2014

If this place is still getting red attention, I'd like to propose a possible clarity change. Namely, fountain. From what I can tell, it looks pretty drab for a magical regenerative locus. Maybe make it look a bit more "magic-y?" Because right now it looks like a bunch of stone stairs.

iAteMyVegetables

06-07-2014

Damn I've spammed the same question in 3 threads about this Vu and no reply XD.

ArgentAlexandre

06-07-2014

Have the people in the closed beta played on this yet if so what do you guys think so far. I would rather hear opinions of people who have gotten the chance to play on it then ask the same question over and over.

How is Farming
and do you like the way it feels?

Linna Excel

06-07-2014

Question for the devs: have you given any thought to make same color buffs appear on the same side. IE blue is always top and red always bottom?

If you want to gank bot at 3 and you start on purple side, you need to start at the red buff. However not all champs can start red as well as they can start blue. Same goes for those who can't start blue buff as well on blue side.