We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAteMyVegetables

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Yes there will be some weather effects. The north east quadrant is going to be rainy, apart from that we will have dust, fog, lightrays and other environmental effects
part of the visual update.
This is actually my favorite thing I've read about SR. Including seeing the video of the new SR. I was super hyped when I saw that video, but having a part rainy to me is just amazing. I absolutely love rain in games.

ZeePure

06-07-2014

Quote:
Yes there will be some weather effects. The north east quadrant is going to be rainy, apart from that we will have dust, fog, lightrays and other environmental effects

We will not have day/night cycles. Our lighting is all hand painted. The wins that we would get by having a day/night cycle would be massively outweighed by the losses we would get from adopting a more artifical lighting system.

We will not have camera rotation, but the fundamental issue behind why we want the ability to rotate the camera is being looked into. We are not prepared to discuss that yet. The solution will not be part of the visual update.
Will it be possible to DISABLE those effect? I find extra effects very distracting

eXigenT

06-07-2014

Quote:
The "Wraiths" (Now Razorbeaks) and Double-Golems (Now Krugs) are just as far along as the other creatures in the map, we just didn't show them in the video.
Are you going to mirror the double golem positions for purple side so that they match blue side then? As of right now, the big golem is positioned further away from the turret on blue, whereas on purple he is situated closer to the turret.

iAteMyVegetables

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeePure View Post
Will it be possible to DISABLE those effect? I find extra effects very distracting
I'd like to say yes 'cause if you lower environment atm the bushes don't move when you walk in them. But would I guess be nice if those effects get a new button so you could disable it.

Crewx

06-07-2014

I'm curious. Jungle monsters have animations for when champs walk by, yes? What about a stealthed champ? If not, okay. If so, that introduces a cool way to counter stealth. Think someone is nearby? See if the animals react.

Lycanleader1

06-07-2014

Can't wait to play on the new rift and stop having a life for about 30 seconds till the minions spawn lol so happy to see the change love the new look.

charming tomwest

06-07-2014

Whatever

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-07-2014
61 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXigenT View Post
Are you going to mirror the double golem positions for purple side so that they match blue side then? As of right now, the big golem is positioned further away from the turret on blue, whereas on purple he is situated closer to the turret.

I had not realized that. Could you repost this issue here?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...4388140&page=9

I use that thread as a bank of issues that I need to look into.

charming tomwest

06-07-2014

looks ugly though

krotoxx

06-07-2014

I saw someone's concern about shaco not being able to deceive over walls with the VU, and you mentioned that wont be an issue. That post got me thinking about Yasuo though, because with proper positioning to all the jungle camps he can dash over walls, with the VU will he still be able to do that with proper character placement?