We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banuvan

06-06-2014

years

Daarashar

06-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikker View Post
1) Create an "underpass" or something at mid lane so that the river isn't really two ponds
Whole-hearted agreement. I would also like to stop seeing a current from one cliff to the other within the dragon and baron pits.

Quote:
2) Keep the shopkeeper as is

3) Keep the elder lizard, don't replace him with something much different. Same with spectral wraith
Why? They aren't very interesting, it would be cool to get something new for those things.

Quote:
4) Purple side stays purple. Right now it appears red
It appears red, because it is red. This is an intentional change aimed at unifying some of the color schemes of the game, so that you actually get blue team and red team, like you see in spectator mode health bars.

Perseids Tero

06-06-2014

Will the update to Summoner's Rift include the song used in the Beta video as its new theme?

I would LOVE for that to be the case.

Jikker

06-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daarashar View Post
Whole-hearted agreement. I would also like to stop seeing a current from one cliff to the other within the dragon and baron pits.

Why? They aren't very interesting, it would be cool to get something new for those things.

It appears red, because it is red. This is an intentional change aimed at unifying some of the color schemes of the game, so that you actually get blue team and red team, like you see in spectator mode health bars.
Fair enough on the red team. I just preferred purple team and felt that something as iconic as that shouldn't be changed. Last time I saw a game removing all its iconic stuff, it went downhill fast and is basically dead.

As for the names, they would have to rename the items then because they make no sense. Also, I see no purpose in redoing the shopkeeper. He deserved a fresh coat of paint, not deletion

These are just my opinions though. You didn't have to downvote me for it

Daarashar

06-06-2014

Quote:
Fair enough on the red team. I just preferred purple team and felt that something as iconic as that shouldn't be changed. Last time I saw a game removing all its iconic stuff, it went downhill fast and is basically dead.

As for the names, they would have to rename the items then because they make no sense. Also, I see no purpose in redoing the shopkeeper. He deserved a fresh coat of paint, not deletion

These are just my opinions though. You didn't have to downvote me for it
Woah, I didn't downvote. I just wanted to agree, inform, and find out what about the camps and the shopkeepers were special that you didn't want changed.

Skias

06-06-2014

You should make the new music something upbeat and not so ambient. Also, it needs the Wooden Fish and Flute. If you aren't playing league to the Wooden Fish, you ain't living.

Arrevax

06-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Yes there will be some weather effects. The north east quadrant is going to be rainy, apart from that we will have dust, fog, lightrays and other environmental effects

We will not have day/night cycles. Our lighting is all hand painted. The wins that we would get by having a day/night cycle would be massively outweighed by the losses we would get from adopting a more artifical lighting system.

We will not have camera rotation, but the fundamental issue behind why we want the ability to rotate the camera is being looked into. We are not prepared to discuss that yet. The solution will not be part of the visual update.
Apologies; I hadn't seen Tiki's post about weather effects before writing mine.

Understandable, though it would be a nice feature (possibly even one that could be featured in champions' actual kits- though I do admit that the idea sounds a bit reminiscent of DotA).

Is there any particular Rioter (or Rioters) behind the camera rotation/redVSblue side deal, if it's alright to ask? I'm a fan of true camera rotation, but if there's another way to my purple-side skillshots land as easily as my blue-side ones, I'm all ears.

iAteMyVegetables

06-07-2014

Ok so I noticed that the turrets from red and blue side are different. The thing is though I feel the red ones are way more epic. You see that light coming from it as well, just like what you see at the nexus. While blue side just looks like normal turrets only ofcourse better looking, but they're just in the ground like normal. So is that final or will the blue side also get that light from it, just a different design than the red side.

Also I wonder why there are no differences in turret designs from red/blue side nexus turrets and inhib turrets. It would be great if Nexus turrets would look the strongest 'cause it's protecting the most important thing, and even the Inhib turrets they're more important than the lane turrets imo. It would be so great to see some variety, maybe even something as simple as difference in sizes. And I feel like the Nexus is too small, since it's the most important thing, if you destroy that you win, so it being that small, I don't know, it feels less epic.

Tl;dr I hope that the turrets get more variety. (Lane, Inhib, Nexus turrets. And difference in red/blue side) And that the Nexus becomes bigger so it has more of an epic feel.

DrammaLamma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2014

5 years.

DrCyanide

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Puppies View Post
If the new jungle camps do not spawn until you can see them does this mean I can no longer use abilities like lee sins Q to jump between camps?!?!
As has been stated many times in many places, the video shows when the jungle camps spawn. You'll notice that on the last walk by (the one that has the wolf spawning) the Blue Buff and the Toad didn't jump into being, but were already there.