We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iAteMyVegetables

06-06-2014

Ok so I noticed that the turrets from red and blue side are different. The thing is though I feel the red ones are way more epic. You see that light coming from it as well, just like what you see at the nexus. While blue side just looks like normal turrets only ofcourse better looking, but they're just in the ground like normal. So is that final or will the blue side also get that light from it, just a different design than the red side.

Also I wonder why there are no differences in turret designs from red side nexus turrets and inhib turrets. It would be great if Nexus turrets would look the strongest 'cause it's protecting the most important thing, and even the Inhib turrets they're more important than the lane turrets imo. It would be so great to see some variety, maybe even something as simple as difference in sizes. And I feel like the Nexus is too small, since it's the most important thing, if you destroy that you win, so it being that small, I don't know, it feels less epic.

Tl;dr I hope that the turrets get more variety. (Lane, Inhib, Nexus turrets. And difference in red/blue side) And that the Nexus becomes bigger so it has more of an epic feel.

imbadlel

06-06-2014

East coast server.

Rivini

06-06-2014

Quote:
3. does the map affect ping? ie HA has a higher ping than SR for me and my fiends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
3. I don't believe so. I don't think a map could effect ping. Do you mean FPS? Could you go into more detail about the concern?
I have the same issue sometimes. I normally get around 40-55 ping, but on HA, it sometimes spikes to 500+ randomly and without warning. I can't recall the last time this happened on SR.

My assumption is it's caused by all the stuff going on in the background and the blizzard. Even if that doesn't make sense in terms of affecting ping, it's the best reason I can think of.

If my assumption is correct, I fear this could happen with the new SR.

The Reanimated

06-06-2014

Quote:
Well, a lot of our team, (including myself) are veterans from Darksiders 2. If you feel like that had too much of an influence on our work than that is something worth taking a look at.
Yes, the look is reminiscent of the two Darksiders games. But the artistic directions for those games were so very beautiful (specifically the environments and monsters), more so than any other game I've seen IMO. The shapes of the structures and creatures all look so energetic and dynamically engaging, and the detail makes it completely immersive as a whole. Please, don't change the style. It's breathtaking. It's perfect.

Jace77

06-06-2014

Quote:

3. I don't believe so. I don't think a map could effect ping. Do you mean FPS? Could you go into more detail about the concern?

ah this was my mistake. i just played a normal to see what my ping was and it was 47 just like on howling abyss in mirror mode or arams.
there was a time a year or so ago though when they were different though
~ 40 - 50 HA
~20 - 30 SR

but now its 47 on both when my internet stabilizes (go multiple people on one router).

i think it changed with some server stuff.

plugged directly into the modem i used to get 6 ping T_T
now i have 47. completely different topic from the new map though. which i most certainly will be testing on my lower spec comp when i can!

Riellic

06-06-2014

idk how i feel about the wight becoming a giant frog thing but i love literally EVERYTHING about this SR update it looks so smooth and i love the backdrop it gives sort of a floating feel idk if that's what y'all were going for tho lol

only thing that kills it just a tiny bit is how the wight got turned into a weird frog thing lol

also ik you wanna try to make it just as memory intensive as the old SR or much less if possible but how are you going about doing this? cuz they way it looks it seems like it would take up more

AbyssionKnight

06-06-2014

what i'd love to know is when is this hitting pbe? Seemed to have a big download yesterday, but i'm not sure if that was just all the item changes, or the sr vu itself. Really looking forward to trying it out.

Lost Puppies

06-06-2014

If the new jungle camps do not spawn until you can see them does this mean I can no longer use abilities like lee sins Q to jump between camps?!?!

Daarashar

06-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Puppies View Post
If the new jungle camps do not spawn until you can see them does this mean I can no longer use abilities like lee sins Q to jump between camps?!?!
I am also alarmed by this possibility on behalf of Diana and Amumu.

Jikker

06-06-2014

I will honestly miss the old graphics. My suggestions...

1) Create an "underpass" or something at mid lane so that the river isn't really two ponds

2) Keep the shopkeeper as is

3) Keep the elder lizard, don't replace him with something much different. Same with spectral wraith

4) Purple side stays purple. Right now it appears red