We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acolyte Of Pain

Recruiter

06-05-2014

nerdgasm

Samuel L Jaxx

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone Joker View Post
First you said the league is a containment for battles so that nothing would harm the rest of the world. I know that much is true, so it would make sense that the containment field or whatever it is is high enough to allow for flight for various champs and even the dragon.

Now you seem to be saying that the jungle monsters, or at least the dragon are in a containment (their camps) which is located in a containment (the league). That sounds incredibly silly to me. I always just got the impression that the area that the jungle monsters live in is their homes, and that they are able to leave the immediate area (like when you can drag them rather far) but simply choose not to venture too far due to the danger.

Is there anything in the lore, past or present, that explicitly states that each camp is a prison/containment for these creatures and that they are unable to leave?

Why do you feel that way? Seems weird to have a flying creature that basically can't fly anywhere. Do you mean from a gameplay or lore perspective and why?

Baron Nashor for example is a "construct of the league" created from a scale of the ORIGINAL. I presume the same is true of jungle mobs as well.

Maximum Smurf2

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel L Jaxx View Post
DAWNGATE.

It looks like DAWNGATE. Look at their aesthetic....
yes I know it looks very similar to dawn gate also.

Ser Safir

06-05-2014

Nicely done

Maximum Smurf2

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel L Jaxx View Post
WHY WOULD DAY/NIGHT CHANGE over the course of A MATCH?

Yes, I know Dota does, but that's different.
I think Dota use Day/Night cycle to balance a few heroes

twd97

06-05-2014

i'm still worried that my computer wont be good enough to get the update/new summoners rift.
for example the patch you guys just released wont download on my computer. I don't know if its the files but I cant even get to the login screen. right now it is saying pvp patcher kernel is not responding... does any1 know how to fix this?

Lattice Enthalpy

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nome or Die View Post
Right now, they're about the same if you don't get hit by any spells. If you do, it's considerably higher. We're going to let the live gameplay team handle the balancing though; the initial release will focus on the encounter experience.

What are your thoughts on a night/day cycle? This would be super cool, open the door for mechanics on future champions, and really bring the game to life. However, if it would put too much strain on the computer system, or the whole team bringing this together, I would definitely want to hear it. Is it something you looked into, and decided to not have in, or did you want to do it, but just couldn't for various reasons? Please tell us about the Day/Night cycle and your thoughts

C9 xNaStRaDaMuS

06-05-2014

It would be awesome to see rain in Summoners Rift at some time as well, but so far this looks AMAZING!

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faranae View Post
And this update won't be ABLE to fix it, because there is nothing behind what you see on this map pretty much. They had to make sacrifices to keep it pretty but keep it playable.
It seems pretty simple to me man, each team would only load what they can see from their client. Blue would see from one angle, and purple from another. The whole map doesn't have to be rendered for each team, only what each respective team can see from their angle. This shouldn't affect performance much if at all and I don't see why they couldn't have done this from the get go. Sure it means potentially doubling the workload for this update but if you're going to redesign something, damn well make sure you redesign it properly.

TheFactotum

06-05-2014

Mad props to the environment team, new map looks totally awesome. It's been forever since I've enjoyed just looking at the map.

Great ideas on the neutral monster spawn flashes and region based colors. The map finally tells a story and has a life all it's own. I'm interested in the lore teams involvement with the maps design. Is Summoners Rift going to have a new lore background?

Few more quick questions which may be for other teams but I figured I'd ask anyways.
Any gold/experience gain changes coming to any lanes with this new SR?
Any jungle fixes, like additional camps or tougher more rewarding camps?
Any chance we could see the TT alter mechanic have a SR debut? It's such a great mechanic but TT gets so little love
Will new SR launch with any changes that make the solo top, solo mid, solo jungle,duo bottom less defined by the map mechanics?

Regardless I love what you all have done with SR, and I can't wait to see more. Looking forward to testing it and offering up some feedback.