We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purodyuusaa

06-05-2014

Riot. That new Rift. What kind of food does it like? I want to ask it out for dinner.

Seriously though, amazingly well done. I love it.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2014

this really does look amazing. the only problem i have with it, is that the map isnt horizontal, you're still making it annoying to play purple side, especially for anything skillshot related.

but i do have a very important question: ARE BUSHES FIXED YET? its really annoying to be literally in the same bush as somebody, but not seeing them for whatever crazy reason. (personally this happens a lot on howling abyss, because i play that more, but it still happens on sr too.)

and another question, who or what team would be in charge of death recap? death recap is years old and has only had a few minor tweaks, and yet dawngate is in beta with a STELLAR and comprehensive death recap. how long until we get something like that?

godmode rum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2014

Riot must be ****ting their pants with how much $ the international is raising this year.

Riot Tiki

User Research

06-05-2014
32 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleArmadillo View Post
Could you have it so that there is a way to enable and disable these effects? Starcraft 2 automatically adjusts its settings based on the hardware specs of the graphics card.
Good feedback on this! Something the team will have to look into as a possibility.

Zedtastic

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
We're definitely planning on some ambient, animated effects in the environment to help bring the map to life. Stuff like dust, rain, mist, etc. fall into that category.

One thing we have to keep a close watch on is how these affect game play though, we don't want anything too distracting or that adds too much noise to the screen. We'll be keeping a close eye on player feedback during PBE to make sure we're hitting that!
Adding to this, would it be possible to include situational weather effects, such as thunderstorms around big team fights?

Riot Tiki

User Research

06-05-2014
33 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purodyuusaa View Post
Riot. That new Rift. What kind of food does it like? I want to ask it out for dinner.

Seriously though, amazingly well done. I love it.
Pumpkin pancakes. Breakfast all day.

Odenmaru

06-05-2014

Holy ****ing **** that looks UNBELIEVABLY amazing!

Well done Riot, that is a work of art.

lonetrey

06-05-2014

Whoaaaaa.

Ok, I'll admit my mistake.

I thought this was going to be a lame visual update, because in my mind I was expecting the update to be about new gameplay mechanics implemented into the map.

I didn't think there would be an Outcome C, and I must say your sneak preview video definitely wowed me. The new art, map backgrounds, and changes to the monsters definitely gave me inspiration to go back to Summoner's Rift! (I've been in ARAM for far too long)

Here's hoping for an awesome new map!

Critmaster Garen

06-05-2014

looks like nashors balls finally dropped.

thats what im taking from his little side mouths getting their own necks anyways.

Math Test

06-05-2014

The Rift looks really good. I am very impressed with the change, but many of my friends have pointed out that the art style of the new rift seems a bit darker as opposed to the more cartoony/whimsical nature of most champions. There will certain be a clash, even with champs who have received a visual update. Is that something the team is aware of or do they not think there is a clash at all?