We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Puffy

06-05-2014

How soon can we expect the winter version of the map?

This year? next year?

Been a looooong while since we got to see any snow on our good ol' Rift.

lxlLilybellelxl

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaee1994 View Post
Not a single ****ing complaint. This is perfect. You guys are amazing. I'm never going to talk a single word of **** about you guys again. Even if you buff teemo or Lee sin.
WHOa don;t take that deal with the deviil... teemo will swallow your soul T _ T

Noctes setcoN

06-05-2014

Quick question about the Blue side shopkeeper.

http://prntscr.com/3pzxx0

Is that.. is that a Yordle..? (the short purplish dude/dudette, not the brown Sky Bison-lookin thing)

Goilo

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
We are finally ready to show the world the updates that we have been making to summoner's rift. Please check out our preview video.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/node/17076

I would love to hear your feedback!
Some feedback after watching the phenomenal preview of the new summoner's rift.
-Will champions that jungle such as Lee Sin still be able to Q to monsters without having to activate each monster camps animation(For those who haven't watched, each time you walk past a monster camp a brief animation shows the camp come out of a hiding place)? If not I believe his slow time will be slowed tremendously and I would not like that.
-Overall amazing with no other complaints, I love the way you are taking the game! Please have a Red respond to this fairly soon as many others are dying to know the abouve question also

Death by Lulu

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goilo View Post
-Will champions that jungle such as Lee Sin still be able to Q to minions without having to activate each monster camps animation(For those who haven't watched, each time you walk past a monster camp a brief animation shows the camp come out of a hiding place)? If not I believe his slow time will be slowed tremendously and I would not like that.
-Overall amazing with no other complaints, I love the way you are taking the game! Please have a Red respond to this fairly soon as many others are dying to know the abouve question also
They have said that the animations only play when a camp initially spawns as well as everytime they come back (aka respawn after they have died)

The MechE

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctes setcoN View Post
Quick question about the Blue side shopkeeper.

http://prntscr.com/3pzxx0

Is that.. is that a Yordle..? (the short purplish dude/dudette, not the brown Sky Bison-lookin thing)
Avatar, The Last Airbender! Now in League! I will be disappointed if it doesn't fly.

Coredor

06-05-2014

The detail on the fountains are incredible.

Chortlebrah

06-05-2014

Quote:
-Will champions that jungle such as Lee Sin still be able to Q to minions without having to activate each monster camps animation(For those who haven't watched, each time you walk past a monster camp a brief animation shows the camp come out of a hiding place)? If not I believe his slow time will be slowed tremendously and I would not like that.
Riot wouldn't change something so integral to jungling like that. Plus I believe they already said those animations are spawn time animations

B4Buster

06-05-2014

Quote:
-Will champions that jungle such as Lee Sin still be able to Q to monsters without having to activate each monster camps animation(For those who haven't watched, each time you walk past a monster camp a brief animation shows the camp come out of a hiding place)? If not I believe his slow time will be slowed tremendously and I would not like that.
I believe the camp animations kick off a few seconds before the current spawn time, so they'll still be targetable at the normal time.

Noctes setcoN

06-05-2014

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the animations of the jungle creeps coming in is only for when they spawn.

If you watch, when he passes blue buff for the first time, it jumps from the rocks behind him. A bit later on, when he's walking by the Wight (Toad?) and heading down towards Wolves, you can see at the edge of his fog of war the Blue buff and his little stone buddies already waiting there.