We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lxlLilybellelxl

06-05-2014

It looks nice ..... but that camera angle is still the same? You've heard us for years say how purple has an unfair disadvantage in game.

Marace5

Recruiter

06-05-2014

When you enter the forest you get the feeling it's night time.Amazing. Plus those jungle monster animations look f-ing sweet, especially the dragon one before he spawns. The overall map is fantastic. Also it looks like the arena is on top of a mountain(Mount Targon/Ironspike mountains?),so maybe some tie-in to lore? The shopkeepers look cool, though I will miss grandpa Teemo. Awesome job to all people involved with this!
Edit:Also those minions swinging their swords look so derpy(in a good way )

Death by Lulu

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
Definitely good feedback, and that's something on our radar. We are planning to tweak the frequency to make it a better experience. So you know, less repetitive
Although I think that's one solution and it should be implemented to some degree what would you guys think of a button in the audio settings for the shopkeepers that would either disable their voice in game for you or a slider that would work similar to music volume and master volume sliders and you could just turn their voice all the way down, effectively muting them (these solutions could also work for HA. Don't know if any of these things are possible since im not a programmer but just a little idea I had.

Mediocre Top

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
Definitely good feedback, and that's something on our radar. We are planning to tweak the frequency to make it a better experience. So you know, less repetitive
Just keep it to the Resident Evil Merchant sounds please

"Whatta you buying"

"Whatta you selling"

"That all stranga"

"HA HA HA HA"

and the other shop keeper could just be the Happy Mask Salesman or something who just quotes random Zelda stuff

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

"BEN DROWN3D"

etc

Siachi

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Our approach to shopkeepers is different from Howling Abyss. It is much more similar to how we handled them on HA than how they are currently in SR. We are trying to make them bit less obnoxious .
As long as they don't keep trying to tell you their life story long after you've got back to the fighting like the Ghost in HA, I'll be happy with some shopkeeper interactions on the Rift =D

The MechE

06-05-2014

I know you guys want to make it low on RAM, so it can perform well on low performance machines, but it'd also be nice if the approach to making it low permance is to cut out a lot of features, you make them toggleable in the video menu.

Some people have sweet computers and wouldn't mind the game looking even better.

Looks really nice, but also really space agey to me. Not sure Summoner's Rift is suppose to be space.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-05-2014
19 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marace5 View Post
When you enter the forest you get the feeling it's night time.Amazing. Plus those jungle monster animations look f-ing sweet, especially the dragon one before he spawns. The overall map is fantastic. Also it looks like the arena is on top of a mountain(Mount Targon/Ironspike mountains?),so maybe some tie-in to lore? The shopkeepers look cool, though I will miss grandpa Teemo. Awesome job to all people involved with this!
Grandpa Teemo is going to enjoy his retirement

Sir Puffy

06-05-2014

Do the new shopkeepers have names? Will they have dialogue like the HA shopkeepers do (I'm assuming they will)?

I also love the new blue shopkeeper, it (he or she?) looks friggin' adorable!

The jungle monsters also look amazing, especially the Golem, Baron and Dragon. I love how badass the golem looks when it leaps into the camp, and how the Dragon crawls around the pit before leaping in.

Great job on this one, I have to say.

Riot Tiki

User Research

06-05-2014
20 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocre Top View Post
Just keep it to the Resident Evil Merchant sounds please

"Whatta you buying"

"Whatta you selling"

"That all stranga"

"HA HA HA HA"

etc
There were never enough Pitas...

Urgot my Waifu

06-05-2014

Just in case anyone has forgotten at Riot.

This is the best opportunity to put a duck in the river. Swimming around the reeds, occasionally doing a swag walk across mid lane to get to those other fine reeds.