We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death by Lulu

06-05-2014

Well looking at the new map it is obvious that you guys have been working on this a lot, I was wondering if its because of this that there weren't seasonal maps this year(fall/winter maps)? I was also wondering if once the new summoner's rift is live if that would mean that we can get seasonal maps like we used to get? Just curious.

P.S. The new map looks freaking amazing (particularly the new monsters and the river and the sides of the map how you can see summoner's rift is actually floating in the sky and.... well everything)

The Toad

06-05-2014

Is there anywhere we can get the full track that was used in your Pre-Beta footage video? It sounds amazing and I want to hear the whole thing

Nellap

06-05-2014

the jungle mobs are the coolest things I've seen for a while. you guys did an awesome job.

Anuimx

06-05-2014

"in the next few months"

GG New SR 2016

Nyhver

06-05-2014

If you make it better optimized so you can get better stable fps with less optimal hardware, give it the same camera angel despite being blue or purple, and make it so that the terrain is visually representative of actual ability to move (hills or walls etc and being able to move close to it or being blocked) then you have my outright approval

which is rare mind you

so you should cherish it

Canstainer

06-05-2014

Can i have some dragon/baron/wolf/new golems sketchs of the artist team?

SpookyMage

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
We are planning to have some interactive dialogue with the shopkeepers, but this likely won't be included during PBE. More of a live launch thing
Please no, Riot Tiki. Pls. I can't stand listening to those two dorks ramble on. It was... neat(?) the first time, but 400 ARAMs later and I've started screaming obscene responses at them irl.

GOLDENBOOTY

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
That is a really good idea... and I don't think we had considered it previously. I will talk to design about it.

Will you guys ever consider allowing us to keep the old maps for nostalgia purposes? I miss seeing some of the old things at times.

Its a great reminder of how much improvement the game has come and also the amazing fun times when we all had those cardboard division moments and great plays.

I still miss the old garen skin

8ballvt

06-05-2014

Are the camp spawn animations just on the initial spawns at 1:55, 5, 15 or everytime? How will this affect things like Lee Sin's Q over the wall to dragon/wolves/blue , Blitz's Rocket grab?

Postal Badger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Justice View Post
Does this mean we're not getting Holiday Map Skins AGAIN this year?

There are so many new players I bet they dont even know what I'm talking about. It's been so long since we've had anything like that....
Being hopeful, they said that they didn't change the map to seasonal ones due to technical issues, let's hope they worked that up so they can give seasonal stuff.