We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Would I lie

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I want to +1 this, we are still a ways from live and that is one of several features that are on the radar.
Sweet. Like I said, I was being very knitpicky with my complaints/criticism, overall it looks astonishingly beautiful, even for a pre beta. I want to sign up for the PBE just to play on here and get more of a feel for this fantastic environment! A big thanks to the entire team(or possibly teams?) who worked on this, I'm super stoked!

Focus Draven

06-05-2014

It may be a little premature for this...but from what I see, the map looks a little somber, which is a contrast to the usual brightness of the current SR, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like it would be ideal if you guys made it a bit lighter, in order to retain some of the original SR charm.

Edit: I lied, after watching it again I see that only the jungle is "dark" and it's not that bad.

TenSlashTen

06-05-2014

10/10
Honestly pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it.

But a quick question, will there be a brightness setting?
I'm actually very fond of a bright looking summoners rift.

Anketh

06-05-2014

Woops, I didn't see this thread in the devtracker before posting. I'm going to cross-post over here for enhanced visibility:

This looks fantastic, but I feel I must ask: is there any way to update the new Dragon model to have more wing coverage? Namely, could the wing membrane extend down a bit more and attach to the dragon's spine/sides all the way down? I know that "realism" in a game like this is being nitpicky, but the strain of flight on the wing-arms of that dragon would be intense without some other anchoring point, and it does distract from the otherwise completely epic arrival scene for me. I've attached an example image of what I'm asking; it would mean a lot if you would consider it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dragon (2).jpg (39.3 KB, 85 views)

Squeakerpants

06-05-2014

How'd they make such an impressive upgrade while nerfing polygon counts? Sounds like a cheat or hack to me. Rito reported.

H1ghspeedGG

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVitzkrieg View Post
We do currently have a larger memory footprint with this update, but by the time this is ready to ship we're aiming to use the same amount as current Summoners Rift.
ok awesome, itd be a shame if I couldnt play.

Best Champion NA

06-05-2014

@RiotforScience, Is the Music team also working with the Map team to add different themes to different areas of the map background? When im fighting baron or dragon, I want there to be sound effects from the Monsters attacking, champion battlecrys, etc. When im walking through the jungle I want there to be a spooky music theme, or key underlying tones. In a team fight, why not battlecrys? I love the direction and the time you guys have in this.

CrimsonCzar

06-05-2014

Will there by chance be a lore update to go with this map, similar to the twisted tree line lore.

ShakeNBake EUW

06-05-2014

GJ killing LoL's unique art style, and making it look identical to DOTA 2.

Seriously I am speechless right now.

This makes literally ZERO sense.

RIP in peace LoL.

Irascibilem

06-05-2014

I seriously cannot wait for this.

Even though it's not even a real part of the map, I especially love the "out of bounds" area. The part where it looks like you're fighting on a giant floating island? Yeah that. <3

The jungle monsters look awesome, the buff monsters look even more awesome, and don't even get me started on Baron and Drag.

The water effects are beautiful, the turrets look way more threatening, and the bushes look like actual bushes.

The new Nexus is fresh and interesting as well!

GREAT job Riot! THIS is what video game companies need to do.