Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Malzahar Art Questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverwinds

06-05-2014

Heeeyyo, Just looking to drop off some feedback on one of my favorite champions, And first bought champ, Malzahar.

First off, In regards to the 'Shadow Prince Malzahar' Skin's splash art:

Should it be changed? I don't know about you. But when I first saw it eons ago when I bought it, I was fully expecting the particle effects to be Yellow like the art had. And to this day any of my friends who are new-er to LoL see the thing they also expect him to have Yellow particles.

Now I personally grew okay with it rather quick even after my disappointment, And love my skin. (Would love it more if it did have the changed effects, Buuut anywho. :P) I feel as if it's pretty misleading, And can easily tee off the average uninformed buyer of the skin. As such wouldn't a change of the splash art to more accurately detail the ingame model be appropriate?

To touch off on that point, And this is for all skins, Default included, Not just the Shadow prince skin, But all of the splashes for him depict his eyes glowing with energy, While in the game, He has just a dull white void, With no brightness or light coming from them as the Splashes would entail.

Secondly (In relation to the above point):

Is there any plans for a VU of him at any point? Be it texture/particle up-age or model tune ups? He's looking quite dated. And oh yes, I know there are others that are just as bad or worse, I'm just simply curious is all.

Thirdly:

Any plans for a new skin for him? It's been quite a time since the Prophet of the Void has seen any, Much at all. And as the above question, Just simply curious is all.

Thanks for reading~

Silverwinds

06-14-2014

Le' Bumpitybump.

FaiZhang

06-30-2014

Since Malzahar is easily my favorite champion so far, I was pretty disappointed by the fact that there were no particle effects. The voidlings are the only things that change with any of the skins. It would be awesome if there was eventually a VU for him, but if not than the splash art really should be changed. A new skin would be an okay fix for this (as long as this one has altered particle effects). It's good to see someone who feels the same way I do. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Keep those Dongers raised! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

likeMeSwords

07-02-2014

i have shadow prince malzahar cause i main him but im not a huge fan of overlord but i would love a new skin iv seen bumble bee malzahar and its a great idea but riot might never see it if you think this is a good idea please like and try to get this noticed by a rioter

dubwad

07-07-2014

Bump. I've been meaning to make a post like this for quite a while. All of the Prophet's skins are a bit on the dull side. Other than the base visual for the champion and the voidling, there is really no reason to buy a skin.

Shadow Prince Malzahar in particular could be much much better. This was the first skin I bought, and like Silverwinds said, I expected something more. I expected golden ability effects, almost like Prince of Persia Sands. The Skin splash art doesn't match the game play skin in ANY WAY!

Thanks for the post!

dubwad

07-10-2014

Bump

dubwad

07-14-2014

Bump........ IT UP!!!!

Silverwinds

07-25-2014

Bump for the Void!

Also thanks Dubwad.

Mr Deceiver

07-26-2014

Riot stop focusing on new champs and focus on old champs

DeathCloudSan

07-26-2014

I could see this happening in an update to Overlord Malz (new particles), but it is pretty rare for anything to change in a 520 RP skin, besides the character's attire. I do agree that Malz needs a little loving though. Maybe a new 1350 skin?