Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

33% and endlessly scanning files

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Horii

06-04-2014

My patcher is sitting at 33% and endlessly scanning LOL files. I let it sit for 2.5 hours thinking that it may just take a while to get through everything but it just kept going. Anytime I close the client and reopen it, the file scan starts over from the beginning..with the patcher still saying "Updating: 33% complete - scanning files" and "step: 2/2 calculating differences...[file names]"
I've been trying to find a fix for about 6 hours straight and feel like my brain is mush, so any help or solution would be much appreciated.

I've deleted my lol air client folder, lol launcher folder and lol solutions folder. The patcher starts again at 0% then back to what I was previously describing at 33%. When I try to repair the client I get a bugsplat error and have to restart my client.

Ifrit Iblis

06-09-2014

Bumpity ****ing Bump

Catracho09

06-09-2014

I re-installed my game and it worked...until I closed my launcher. I played 2-3 games and closed the launcher but when I clicked on the launcher again the same problem appeared again. No permanent solution for now. Technical support not helping at all and I already got demoted to silver 4 -_-

Rikku Highwind

06-09-2014

it does the same stupid **** to me and riot ofc doesnt do anything to help

Rikku Highwind

06-09-2014

it does the same stupid **** to me also and im tired of it

Wuks

Recruiter

06-09-2014

Try to change the server to Oceania and the patch will download from there. After that, switch back to NA.

xSynapse

06-09-2014

Same thing happening to me. I closed the Launcher when it was stuck on 33% scanning files. I'm attempting to reinstall League now but it's taking forever.

Haxetros

06-09-2014

I have had the same problem, I had to completely delete and reinstall league of legends just it would constantly stay in an constant never ending loop of updating yet it would stay at 33%

Julin Eunjijung

06-10-2014

bump

MrsBubby

06-10-2014

Hi, Horii try downloading > http://www.hotspotshield.com/ < Be sure to run in the background while you're patching league. it works like a charm.

If that doesn't work for ya, try contacting a support. goodluck!