Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Temporary] solution to MM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZZZappy

01-12-2010

We all know MM is broken. Playing games with 5 people 20-30 in level against a team with nobody higher than 20 is obviously broken as hell. Let's face it. The first thirty levels of this game are learning how to play it in and out. Even at level 20, I wasn't doing nearly as well as I am now, just because I learned so many more builds, mechanics, not to mention the runebook.

PROPOSITION: I propose that MM for levels 1-29 should attempt to pair people of the same level against eachother. Every 10 seconds, it starts looking for broader levels.

i.e. a level 7 joins the queue. He will be paired with only level 7s ten seconds into the queues. Then level 6-8 will be paired. Then ten seconds later, 5-9 will be paired.

This keeps people in the same masteries level in general, and people who have played about the same matches together. ELO should not even matter at this point, simply level.

NOW, when people reach level 30, THEN ELO comes into play. Nobody level 30 gets paired with anybody but other level than 30. Depending on your ELO depends on who you play.

Is it perfect? No, but I feel that it will balance this game just a little bit better.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

01-12-2010

People need to stop associating levels with skill.
A good level 12 can stomp a cruddy level 30.
Newbie island needs better walls, keeping very very low people in but thats all.

Grake

01-12-2010

I agree, but when i hit level 30, i'd hate it find out that while playing at an odd time that theres only a handful of others, and im in 30 minute queue's all the time.

I agree, the games ability to try grade players individually in a team game is broken, but the game definitely needs more players before i'd be willing to see your plan take place.

ZZZappy

01-12-2010

I think you would be surprised about how many level 30s really are out there.

And @ encase, the advantage from runes and masteries is pretty tremendous, it has to be a really good team of 12 against a really bad team of 30s, something I still have yet to see.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

01-12-2010

If their runes are that powerful, then their elos will separate quickly.
If they keep getting matched up, then its an equal match.

Sythion

01-12-2010

Quote:
ZZZappy:
I think you would be surprised about how many level 30s really are out there.

And @ encase, the advantage from runes and masteries is pretty tremendous, it has to be a really good team of 12 against a really bad team of 30s, something I still have yet to see.

The "tremendous" power of runes is dog-poo pathetic compared to the ability for people to just flat out SUCK. On my smurf I stomp 30's no problem and I'm sub 10. And I would not consider myself to be a great player either.