Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Syndra help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FedoraMan99

06-03-2014

I just bought syndra. does anyone have any tips? Anything will help so thanks a ton

Onan the man99

06-03-2014

Quick cast can give opponents less time to react once you've thrown that first orb down if you intend to follow it with your stun. She combo's a lot so tear might not be a bad thing along with chalice. She is mechanically hard to play to it'll take some time to get good.

Millea

06-03-2014

She can be difficult. The more orbs you have out, the more damage your ultimate does, so make sure to maximize your ultimate's damage.

With 35% or more cooldown reduction, you can have a total of 4 orbs out plus the 3 that your ultimate generates on its own giving her the highest damage single target ultimate in the game if used properly.

To get that you need to do something pretty specific.

Start by using orb (your Q) twice. Then when the first orb gets the blue circle around it, lift it up with force of will (your w) to keep it from expiring, then q twice more to get your 4 orbs in addition to the 3 innately.

Here is a video of someone doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEwzPRUnY_g

That's a pretty complex combo compared to most champions but using your ultimate efficiently is the key to syndra.

I'd build Deathfire Grasp for the extra damage. You can even one shot tanks with a well timed ultimate if you get this item as well. In addition to this, I would get Athene's Unholy Grail, as your mana costs are relatively high, Void Staff and Rabadon's Deathcap for the additional damage, sorcerer's shoes for the damage and movespeed (Boots are essential on every champion), and Zhonya's Hourglass for the defense. The order that you'd get these items on depends on the game, but generally differing from this path is only good if you are super far behind (Extra armor/magic resist depending on who you're facing).

I would also recommend, as Onan the man mentioned in the previous post, using quick cast. Your orb and force of will can be cast while moving. It's pretty hard to exploit this without using quick cast.

Yezdegerd

06-03-2014

Get used to her mechanics before trying a 7 orb ult

ll Balance ll

06-20-2014

Yezdegerd... you are such a troll... you can only ult with 5 balls. If you want help I'm a decent Syndra player and I can talk to you about build suggestions, mechanics and any other questions you have. Add me in game I'm ChiefYin XP

IamTitan21

06-20-2014

Quote:
ChiefYin:
Yezdegerd... you are such a troll... you can only ult with 5 balls. If you want help I'm a decent Syndra player and I can talk to you about build suggestions, mechanics and any other questions you have. Add me in game I'm ChiefYin XP

You can get 6 out.

ll Balance ll

06-22-2014

You can get 6 out but your ult only allows you to toss 5 balls at people. They put a cap on it.

PIRATERedJ

06-24-2014

CDR is a must on Sydra. And because she's so dependent on her individual abilities working with each other, you want to plan your attack and decide if you want to poke or go all in, other wise you waste mana and time on a potential trade in your favor. To make sure you get a last hit on a siege minion and get some poke off at the same time, use your W to pick up the siege minion when its low on health and throw it at the other laner. If your enemy's acting a bit odd (If you think they might be getting ready to go all in or gank) make sure you have at least one ball between you two. If your in a bad position and need to flash away, sometimes it might be better to flash near a ball (So that the ball is between you and the enemy, this touches back onto what I said earlier) so you can stun and possibly turn a bad situation around, instead of flashing away.