Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Updates & Refund Requests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oprahs Gooch

06-03-2014

I don't want to refund the champion I want to refund the skins for the champion if I have any if I don't like the rework. For example the new nidalee changes I am seeing make me sad as a nidalee main. If the changes go through I don't want skins for a champ that I do not like at all.

Void2258

06-03-2014

Still waiting for updated splash art. It's getting ridiculous how many splashes now have no relation whatsoever to how the champion actually looks.

Von Ingleheim

06-03-2014

YOu nerf Kha'Zix to hell after I invest long hard hours in getting the IP for him. So Sad.

immortalibra

06-03-2014

Quote:
SquidmoX:
To give you an idea of the impact, every recent champion update has resulted in a storm of support tickets larger than what we typically see from a full day of major server instability. Combine this with the fact that we're on pace to double our annual number of champion updates (6 in 2013, already 7 in first half of 2014) and it begins to significantly impact Player Support's ability to handle critical issues like account recoveries and tech support.

Only VUs in the first half of the year. You are most likely including gameplay reworks when you say 7. Lets be clear. Yes I am a fan of the increase in quality but, in my opinion, 3 VUs in half a year is very little.

Flamesilocks

06-03-2014

So.... does this mean I can't request a refund on Phantom Karthus? Because I'll be frank, I can't stand the new one. I got the old one only because I love the Phantom of the Opera and I thought it was really cool to have a skin like that. This new version of Karthus I just don't like, not even a little bit. I'd rather spend my RP on something I like.

Recaiden

06-03-2014

Reasonable, but slightly upset about because I didn't refund skarner when I had the chance. Now Riot is ruining him and I have no recourse.

Starlighte

06-03-2014

Then start giving a way for players to receive more refund tokens.

The issue isn't the goodwill act of support granting those requests, even to players who may not deserve them. The issue is the fact that accounts have been given 3 refunds total. Assume 3 champions I play a lot of are reworked, I am up **** creek without a paddle. This conversation was on WizardCrab's radar for a time, but obviously it is not a high priority even though its an easy fix to create faith with the community again.

Final Raid Boss

06-03-2014

This is ridiculous, if it's too much for 'Player Support' to handle then create a legitimate 'Refund Support' team that specifically deals with reworked/changed champions.

It doesn't matter if people 'main' the champion, or only played them once, etc.. If you make any kind of changes to a champion aside from your typical nerfs, your altering what was originally purchased, and that automatically qualifies anyone who purchased the champion pre-changes to a refund.

I don't see why people are limited to 3 returns either, hand out one token a month or something and you would never run into problems like this.

Meanie40

06-03-2014

Thanks for the update. I will make sure to take this new policy into consideration when deciding whether to purchase content in the future.

Cpt DeathZ

06-03-2014

"We looked at the data and found that a very large majority of requests were from players who werenÂ’t actively invested in the champion pre-update"

why not require a x amount of games played with the affected champion to get a refund?