Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Updates & Refund Requests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

Recruiter

06-03-2014

I knew this policy was a slippery slope because if you were to hand out refunds for champion updates people would naturally take the next step of asking for refunds for debilitating nerfs. Honestly the policy should never have been made, or made public at least.

sstonn

06-03-2014

Quote:
Epichuntarz:

2) allow players to buy refund tokens for IP. I'm sitting on 50k+ IP. Many people have much more than that. The only thing I buy with IP is new champs when they come out.

Let me convert 50K/100K IP for a refund token.

>Convert IP into refund token
>wat

The point of refund tokens is to refund items bought and get RP/IP back. Let's assume you have all champions and runes, thus have no use for IP, thus you now have 50k IP. What would be the point of spending all 50K of that IP for a single refund token which you can use to get 6300, 48000, 3150, etc. IP back?

Redundancies, people.

Epichuntarz

06-03-2014

Quote:
sstonn:
>wat

The point of refund tokens is to refund items bought and get RP/IP back. Let's assume you have all champions and runes, thus have no use for IP, thus you now have 50k IP. What would be the point of spending all 50K of that IP for a single refund token which you can use to get 6300, 48000, 3150, etc. IP back?

Redundancies, people.

Skins.

Buy a skin, decide "meh," and the token allows me to refund the skin to buy another one.

If I have a lot of IP, I ought to be able to do SOMETHING with it

Zelos

Recruiter

06-03-2014

Quote:
Epichuntarz:
If this is the case, Riot really ought to either:

1) give players refund token annually. I can be 1-2, but it needs to be SOMETHING.

2) allow players to buy refund tokens for IP. I'm sitting on 50k+ IP. Many people have much more than that. The only thing I buy with IP is new champs when they come out.

Let me convert 50K/100K IP for a refund token.

Or they could automate the process, solving this issue and still allowing players to refund skins that a VU has ruined.

Two notable examples I can think of immediately are Samurai Yi and Gangster Twitch. Amazing skins on the original champion, but were absolutely ruined by the remake. Yi in particular was a mess of a remake; the "good skins"(samurai, headhunter, Ionian) pale in comparison to the new versions of the "bad skins" (assassin and jedi). I believe a lot of people were unhappy with French Maid Nidalee after her remake, as well, but I personally don't see it.

This is going to happen every time you remake a champion, and it's a good policy to offer refunds to people unhappy with the product you just changed. If the support load is too big, PLEASE consider automation.

Zelos

Recruiter

06-03-2014

Quote:
sstonn:
>wat

Redundancies, people.

Using a refund token to get IP back is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

RetroKyleX

06-03-2014

This is a bit of a disappointment. I'd like to say it should be done on a case-by-case basis, or only for champions who have had their core gameplay changes altered completely. Like, the Gragas rework is something that was completely different than old play pattern. I can completely understand players no longer wanting to own Gragas, if they're not satisfied with the new direction. PARTICULARLY if they own a skin for said champion.

I'm of the opinion that refund requests should be done on a case by case basis, only when the reworks / visual updates completely change the direction of a champion. These things are not common occurrences. So I think that'd be reasonable.

Pimpinabox

06-03-2014

When Gragas was first changed I wanted a refund for his skin. Now I'm glad I still have it. I wish I never bought the trundle skin I have though. Almost immediately after I got it, he was reworked. I was so excited for the rework I bought his junkyard skin ahead of time. After the rework I was devastated. His Q mechanic was changed and that's why I fell in love with Trundle. It just didn't flow like it used to. I know everyone else on the planet likes trundle more now, but I hate him post rework. I never asked for a refund because my 3 refunds were taken and I'm a big boy. I do think that Riot should offer players one or two refund tokens per year though. And not just on recent purchases, because I'd refund the trist skin I have too.

I used to buy cheap skins to try and force myself to learn certain roles. Silly me.

lightdragoon88

06-03-2014

One problem I have is that sometimes when a VU happens, what was once a favorite skin is now our least favorite.

I mean...there are so many people wanting to get rid of Phantom/Grim Reaper and replace it with Pentakill.

What are your thoughts about that?

iRaideNNN

06-03-2014

lol Riot so greedy for every penny... why dont you give us 1 or 2 refunds per start of a new season especially since you rework a lot of champs and make them garbage after..

chide da jungler

06-03-2014

the option to refund champions should be built right in to your rework process. I bet it's not that hard to do.