Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Updates & Refund Requests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kotatsu Defense

09-27-2014

I can't even refund some champs with the token because I bought them so long ago. Obviously people want refunds on champs that changed and they dislike with the update. I'd even sell some of my champs for 50% IP back easily. The idea that something changes a lot and it becomes an utter waste of IP is incredibly rude, and even more rude when a refund is not given. No duh people will want full free refunds on any champion they have that were murdered from a change.

A set time limit is easy to place so the system cannot be abused for champions that underwent some kind of update.

IP and RP are pretty much a free currency for Riot yet they keep it like a Scrooge bank.

If you're going to change something visually, give options for the older versions or numerous classic skin versions.

A lot of champions get murdered by Riot and it becomes a sad forgotten story. I miss my old Cassiopeia and Xerath. (And I have almost every Cass skin, too and there's more skins than tokens).

Binamar

10-02-2014

This policy is theft. Plain and simple. I purchase something, and if I've owned it long enough, you can change every aspect of it without reimbursing me.

That is theft of IP and/or RP in a deliberate and highly orchestrated manner, all to save themselves the hassle of having to actually manage a customer support system.

Way to go Riot. You've reinforced the idea that you care only about short-term profits, and to hell with loyal customers or any long-term considerations.

Policies like this make people abandon your products.

Avazion

10-04-2014

Theft at its best. After the Soraka rework all of her particle effects that were part of the Celestine skin are now removed. Her game play / style of play is completely changed and is essentially a new champion that I don't want to play. Not being able to refund that is wrong