France Riot used Asian Hakenkreuz (Rising Sun) with Ahri.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twking

06-03-2014

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/fr/ne...-la-japan-expo

This is the URL for it.

As many people know, Ahri was come out with Launching Korean server, and it is based on Korean folk tail.
However, not only Riot France used her for Japan Expo, but also they used Rising Sun mark, which is same as Hakenkreuz in Asian, with her.

As I am a Korean, I tried to understand French Riot; because still many people don't know what is difference between North Korea and South Korea, and probably that guy is the one, but using of Rising Sun is not understandable.

Rising Sun was an official flag of Japan Empire during WW2, and there were a lot of Massacre, Human subject research, sexual slavery, and so forth.

Some other Koreans already talked with Riot France, but they did not react at all.

Summary

1.Ahri is STROOOONGLY Related with Korea.

2.Riot France used her for Japan Expo

3.And they used with Asian Hakenkreuz.

still don't understand?

It is same as

1. Fiora is related with France. (She used French accent, Laurent is French name)

2. Riot Korea used her for Germany Expo

3. With Hakenkreuz.

Alouette

06-03-2014

translation: time for a japanese female champ

Anemia at LAN

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouette View Post
You know, like 90% of female champions from Ionia.

Hell, they could have used ****ing Akali, but I guess not even Riot themselves remember who that ***** even was.

Kythers

06-03-2014

I thought only americans got offended at random ****

twking

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouette View Post

Akali, Sakura Karma :???

Xtrbacklash

06-03-2014

I think they don't really care; she's an oriental based character and she can be used to market their game however they want.

Keep in mind that the idea of foxy soul-stealers isn't exactly a sole property of korea

OGZ Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2014

Alright, I'm going to be real with you in one sentence.

Ignorance is a bliss.

http://www.japan-expo.com/en/ Do you even know what japan expo is?

It has nothing to do with any of that. Ahri has nothing to do with being "Japan background". It's all about cosplay and electronic fun stuff.

Let me make it simple now. It's for Cosplay. Also, Riot didn't choose that symbol, that's Japan Expo's symbol.

Heliostorm

06-03-2014

People don't understand the OP, the problem is that Riot used a Rising Sun logo, which was the flag of Imperial Japan during WWII. It'd the equivalent of using a Nazi swastika (what Hakenkreuz means) to promote a champ in Germany.

OP, sorry for your English, but you are raising a legitimate point, this is total research failure for EU Riot.

OGZ Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliostorm View Post
People don't understand the OP, the problem is that Riot used a Rising Sun logo, which was the flag of Imperial Japan during WWII. It'd the equivalent of using a Nazi swastika (what Hakenkreuz means) to promote a champ in Germany.
Japan Expo is using it. Not Riot. Japan Expo always has used that symbol, it means something completely different.

twking

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrbacklash View Post
I think they don't really care; she's an oriental based character and she can be used to market their game however they want.

Keep in mind that the idea of foxy soul-stealers isn't exactly a sole property of korea

Even though there are bunch of Fox folktale in East Asia, Ahri is the champion for celebrating Launching on Korean server.

And the main problem is, Riot France used her with Swastica