Can we use LoL champ names when referencing things?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jothki

01-12-2010

There was a shadow archer of sorts in Warcraft 3, the model of which might have been used in DotA (I don't know myself, never played DotA).

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

He might be referencing the Drow Range as this "Shadow Archer", which I guess would explain it as her model does a good just of symbolizing it, after all she seethes shadows.

mindSet

01-12-2010

When he said Undead Archer he could have meant the Undead flame archer from DotA ... that guy was badass ... he could stealth and speed away, kind of like a stealthed ghost ability.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-12-2010

The shadow archer!

Reivur

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
The shadow archer!
Who is that mysterious stranger?!

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

The only one that kind of confused me in the beginning was that everyone called Karthus, Lich, but I figured out why once I saw him.

smithz

01-12-2010

Shadow Archer = Traxex = Drow = Ashe
Undead Archer = Clinx = possibly Ashe but drow fits better
CM = Twisted Fate = already covered
spider queen = LoL but never made

Twitch = LoL get with the program
Nidalee = LoL get with the program

railspider

01-12-2010

People call Anivia "Cyrophoenix." Just FYI.

smokeD

01-12-2010

That's cause that is his title. Most people like me call him Articuno. Pokemon refrence.. sweet pokemon.. anybody..?

Timmy the Spork

01-12-2010

a lot of champions have nicknames that just take some getting used to. some are obvious, derived from names, like kat for Katarina, heim for Heimerdinger, tf and cm for Twisted Fate, the Cardmaster and the like. others are derived from appearance: bird for Anivia, cat for Nidalee, cow for Alistar, clown for Shaco, angel for Kayle, rat for Twitch, etc. the other day i saw someone use squirrel for Teemo, which took me a while to figure out.

occasionally, characters acquire names due to some similarity to a character in other media. the most common ones i've heard are Articuno for Anivia and Gambit for Twisted Fate.

i've never seen an LoL hero be refered to as a DotA character, because the LoL designers did a fantastic job making LoL a completely different game from Dota. the only champion i would even make the comparison is Warwick to Bloodseeker, due to the similarity between Blood Scent and Strygwyr's Thirst.