Pause function

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

impyshaz

01-12-2010

Hello,

I like my of my fellow "LoL'ers" are itching for Ranked games to make their way into the LoL game client.

This also pertains to those who participate in leagues with their own special set of rules.

In League of Legends there exists the functionality to return after a disconnect in order to finish out a game.

I was personally wondering if in the future a /pause command could be added to the game in order to pause the game to allow a teammate to reconnect and finish the game.

I suggest that this work in a similar fashion to the /surrender command, except extend it to both teams, aiming for an equal/majority vote. If you reach 5 or more yes votes for /pause the game is paused until you reach another equal/majority vote of /unpause.

This of course could be reworked any number of ways. I personally did not like the pause system used in Warcraft 3. The game could be paused at any time and then unpaused by the opposing team just as instantly.

With the ability to reconnect to 'live' games in LoL AND the ability to pause many high level games could be saved from a one sided beatdown due to a random d/c.

Just a thought, but I'd like to hear yours.

ForestCrunk

01-12-2010

This would make games longer and I could see it being abused. About to lose your nexus? How about each player on the losing side pauses the game just to be *******s.

Sedon

01-12-2010

It makes sense, but like all things, you would have to imput it into the game in a way that it is not easily (or not at all) able to be abused.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-12-2010

There is no guarantee of a return. So a pause option would only be useful for a premade, and if its going to be a quick return, think of it as a prolonged heal/shopping period. If its a long return then the enemy team shouldn't be forced to wait idly for you.

BEST ADC W0RLD

01-12-2010

How can it be implemented so that I don't get pissed off anytime a team of trolls decides to have a pause fest.

Also, the team that is missing a player will automatically have a numerical disadvantage as the opposing team would definitely not want to pause the game.

impyshaz

01-12-2010

But as I have it implemented the opposing team could instantly unpause by voting back. Also, it could require a majority vote thereby requiring the opposing team to at least vote ONCE in your favor before activating.

You'd be surprised at how often people would rather wait 1-2 minutes for a good game to continue being a good game. It is of course harder to stop the action of the game while waiting for someone to reconnect without a pause function.

vvolfster

01-12-2010

I saw pause in HoN when my brother was playing it. I think LoL could use it. One of my friends got dc last night and we ended up losing that game even though he reconnected like 10 minutes later.