Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Chat restriction ban keeps resetting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fruitpunch64

06-01-2014

So yeah, I got chat restricted, I guess you can say I deserved it and what not as i'm a very competitive player and do trash talk a decent amount but i've waited out my ban, over and over again.

14 game ban, played 9 games relogged and it said 5. I then played for a few more hours and relogged and it said 13 games again. Been playing for the last few hours and now it's on 11 games.

I'm not saying I didn't deserve the initial ban, but it would be nice if it would GO AWAY as I don't feel competitively speaking and horsing around not being too toxic should deserve this type of punishment.

I played my games why can't it just go away .

powerbats

06-01-2014

Quote:
Fruitpunch64:
So yeah, I got chat restricted, I guess you can say I deserved it and what not as i'm a very competitive player and do trash talk a decent amount but i've waited out my ban, over and over again.

14 game ban, played 9 games relogged and it said 5. I then played for a few more hours and relogged and it said 13 games again. Been playing for the last few hours and now it's on 11 games.

I'm not saying I didn't deserve the initial ban, but it would be nice if it would GO AWAY as I don't feel competitively speaking and horsing around not being too toxic should deserve this type of punishment.

I played my games why can't it just go away .

Submit a support ticket to riot and nicely ask them to check on this since it might be a bug.

chuybakka

06-01-2014

If you feel the extra bans are a glitch then send in a support ticket.

Otherwise the extra bans are possibly extra punishment that occurred because of Riot looking at every report that was on your record. At this point no one on this forum has any information about why these extra chat restricitons are happening.

We do not work for Riot and have no information beyond guesses, and ideas that are based on what has happened in the past with similar bans.

If you want more information then you will need to send a support ticket in. The button can be found on the top right hand side of the screen near your summoner name.

GZ Shakespeare

09-30-2014

I had a 35 game chat restriction then I finished all of it. Then right after i played a game, it says there I need to play 32 more games to finish chat restriction please fix this.

AraMoOse

09-30-2014

Quote:
GZ Shakespeare:
I had a 35 game chat restriction then I finished all of it. Then right after i played a game, it says there I need to play 32 more games to finish chat restriction please fix this.

This means either of 2 things :

1. Your account has a 'review' note attached to it where after you are done with your restriction, they check to see if you have improved. If you are getting slightly fewer, this would mean you are on the right track, but still have some improvement to make.

2. Some accounts were given rather significant chat restrictions that were handed out (I THINK as a bug) in incremental form. This would mean that your chat restriction was something like 50 games but instead of giving you a 50 game restriction, you got a 15, a 14, a 5 and so on..

GZ Shakespeare

10-06-2014

It's the third time it reset I learned my lesson from my first 67 games you made me play and I wasn't even flaming anymore I don't know why it keeps on resetting. This is making the game so hard pings aren't even enough to communicate with my team. It makes me lose some games just because I cant communicate with team. *sigh* Come on riot fix this now please I already learned so please. Just make it normal again. *sigh* I cant even play properly now that I had this chat restriction thing.