Is it safe to say Riot has stopped caring?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misys

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePdudE View Post
Sorry to get so pedantic, but I could not help but notice your extreme lack of knowledge. It's easy to tell that this was caused by an engine issue right at the beginning of the video. You can even see the right part of the thruster has debris in the fuel intake.
Oh god, my IQ just dropped by about 15 points.

https://www.ima.umn.edu/~arnold/disasters/ariane.html
http://www.around.com/ariane.html
http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~baber/Te...e5/Ariane5.htm

Took me all of two google searches. Do your research, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaro View Post
Any chance that there will ever be a Linux client? Since Mac OS is unix based it might be easier from there, not that I have much insight into that, but it would be really nice!
You can get League working on linux using wine. If wine is too difficult, I believe that playonlinux has an install script for it.

bolo san

07-03-2014

certainly feels that way right now

Mike4Real

07-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Also, how did you get "the potential fix gets put on the back burner, forever" ...
I get this realization from the fact that neither issue in that thread was ever fixed. It has been 2 and half months since you have known about the issue and it was put on your to do list.

You and your fellow employees also have disappeared once again from these forums for a month and a half. You have done nothing to prove to me that you haven't left us on the back burner. Neither in communication with explanations about why something hasn't happened yet, nor in the client through fixes occurring. Again, just doing either one or the other of these options would be great, but your team chooses to not communicate, which would be fine if the fixes would come, but they don't.

I have realized now that there is a new patcher coming out, which doesn't even provide a time remaining estimate. I think this may be why your desire to fix the current Mac Client patcher time remaining is so low.

Mike4Real

09-26-2014

Quote:
The team in question literally has ~80 bugs on the backlog for the patcher, any of which could take between a day and 3 weeks to fix. I would know, because I helped them prioritize them.
The more time passes while this sub forum is being ignored, the more ridiculous your posts appear. Again will contend that you have not done your job at correctly prioritizing bugs to be fixed. I will concede however, that this is basically an assumption based on what changes I see in the client and the language of you and your coworkers. I wouldn't have to make assumptions about the job you're doing if you would just post any detailed information or context, but you don't. Even if you didn't do that I could also obtain information from positive changes in the client, but that doesn't happen either.

Quote:
I also completely disagree with you statement of "Many users are discouraged from posting their logs as well." We want log files so much that we took the time to write a function that auto collects and zip up all the possible log files we'd need from your computer, check the "Save logs" button in the patcher's options menu.
Here's 4.17, fresh with a myriad of bug splats for Mac users. Some users are posting logs, and no employees are responding to said posts. Again I contend that your lack of response and follow-up with those who do post logs is contributing to the fact that others will not post their logs if they cannot observe their peers receiving help. Because of your inaction it appears as a waste of time.

I would also like to point out that the two issues we initially talked about in this thread were not resolved with your prioritization (as far as I am aware).
1) The negative time remaining, -14:-8 bug was resolved when the time remaining feature of the patcher was removed in a newer version. For now, and until proven otherwise, I speculate that you were not willing to fix the -14:-8 bug because you knew the new patcher would not have this feature, leaving us to suffer with the problem it until you guys changed it over.
2) Patching LoL on an external drive is still not possible despite you knowing the cause of said issue. I had to delete PBE from my external drive because it could not function there. I even made another thread about this issue and got a non-response from one of your coworkers. Judging by their response the entirety of my post was not read. Either that or it was ignored because there you do not have an answer.
http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.co...atch-on-my-mac

Nebuu

09-27-2014

Greetings from completely abandoned EUNE where no answer is given regarding any issue Mac users experience.Ever since patch 4.16 I have all sorts of connecting, crashing and reconnecting problems but as of 4.17 these problems turn into endless looping. I mostly play aram and I crash at least 3 times in every single game (AT LEAST), reconnect at least 4 times, after crashing I press the "reconnect" button on the main client at least 9 times before I actually start reconnecting. I am becoming seriously concerned about my flawless Leaver Buster History since I play at least 5 games a day and I asure you I don't want to get even warned.

TzAnonymous

09-27-2014

Quote:
This is a bit sensationalist. We don't have a "windows team" and we don't have a "mac team". We have Software Engineers that field and prioritize bugs accordingly. Number of people posting on the forums != people working on the game. I can see where this perception began, because we had a team of engineers refactoring a large amount of code for the initial work on the OSX client.

Also, how did you get "the potential fix gets put on the back burner, forever" from my comment of

The team in question literally has ~80 bugs on the backlog for the patcher, any of which could take between a day and 3 weeks to fix. I would know, because I helped them prioritize them. I realize it sucks when you experience a bug and it isn't hotfixed, we're players to and we experience the same frustrations. The fact of the matter is software will always have bugs, even the software for rocket guidance.

I also completely disagree with you statement of "Many users are discouraged from posting their logs as well." We want log files so much that we took the time to write a function that auto collects and zip up all the possible log files we'd need from your computer, check the "Save logs" button in the patcher's options menu.

I get it, bugs suck. Crashes are lame. We ARE working on them, but it takes time.
I understand what you're saying but why don't you guys communicate with us at least? You guys literally keep us in the dark for months and when we finally get a reply, it just beats around the bush and doesn't answer the question we originally asked.

Space PiIot 3000

09-28-2014

Speaking of ridiculous requests for logs. I haven't been able to load a champion since patch 4.16. I started a support ticket, stated the problem and they asked me for all my logs along with other information. Well they did nothing with them. They said they had to send me to "Technical Support". Almost 2 weeks pass and finally someone replies. He gave me a bunch of worthless instructions for PC. I have a Mac and I stressed that a lot in all of my previous messages. This guy didn't read any of those previous messages and he wasn't even tec support. Why did I even send those logs?? The worst part is. He asked for the exact same logs and information that I had spent 20 minutes pulling together more than a week ago when I made the support ticket. Its annoying when support just blindly asks you for logs when we all know they do nothing with them.

Mike4Real

09-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space PiIot 3000 View Post
Speaking of ridiculous requests for logs. I haven't been able to load a champion since patch 4.16. I started a support ticket, stated the problem and they asked me for all my logs along with other information. Well they did nothing with them. They said they had to send me to "Technical Support". Almost 2 weeks pass and finally someone replies. He gave me a bunch of worthless instructions for PC. I have a Mac and I stressed that a lot in all of my previous messages. This guy didn't read any of those previous messages and he wasn't even tec support. Why did I even send those logs?? The worst part is. He asked for the exact same logs and information that I had spent 20 minutes pulling together more than a week ago when I made the support ticket. Its annoying when support just blindly asks you for logs when we all know they do nothing with them.
I had nearly the exact same experience that you had with the support team. I too was asked over and over for the same logs, and it seems like they were not properly used to diagnose the problem. It felt like I had wasted a great deal of my time being as detailed as possible in my initial ticket request, because even though I provided lots of information and context, they asked me for it all again, in their specific format. I complied with all their requests and filled everything out. Then later in the ticket I was asked for the same information once again. I was astounded. The most frustrating part of dealing with their support team is having to read and respond to blaring evidence that they did not read your previous messages. I have not tried to file another ticket since this nightmare, I posted the entire transcript of their incompetence here too:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4317456

In an unrelated thought, this is Riot Dannamoth's twitter:
https://twitter.com/Dannamoth
I don't have a twitter but if one of you guys wants to tweet at him asking him (in as non-insulting terms as possible) to check this thread or just the Mac sub forum threads in general that might be a good move. I would like to hear his response to the unfixed issue of patching on an external drive, my suspicious about their negligence in fixing the -14:-8 bug, and have him become aware of the significant increase in bug splat crashing we have been experiencing on 4.17.

Space PiIot 3000

09-29-2014

There is a new notification in the league menu it says "we are seeing problems with game crashes with Mac clients and are working to fix this". Finally!!

davl3232

09-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space PiIot 3000 View Post
There is a new notification in the league menu it says "we are seeing problems with game crashes with Mac clients and are working to fix this". Finally!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-cbOl96RFM