Is it safe to say Riot has stopped caring?

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

Senior Member

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
This is a bit sensationalist. We don't have a "windows team" and we don't have a "mac team".
I rest my case. My suspicions were true. Why does no one tell us this stuff years ago? We don't know any of this information and all we can do is make assumptions. I really think a dedicated Mac team of just a few experienced individuals would greatly improve the client.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
We have Software Engineers that field and prioritize bugs accordingly.
Well, then you have failed to do this correctly. The existence of the freezing on death issue for 9 months was not prioritized properly despite my attempts at convincing both the support team, and individuals on here that it is a real and detrimental issue to gameplay. You guys went MIA for 2 months during the existence of this bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Number of people posting on the forums != people working on the game.
You know what though, that doesn't matter to us because we don't get to see results either way to be honest. We want someone who can actually tell us what is being done. We want the communication lines to be open. Even if no progress is being made, I want to know that. As long as there is just one employee giving us updates, as long as he or she is honest, thats all we need. Being left in the dark and ignored isn't fun, and its a regular practice here. It doesn't really seem like you are aware of the issues or working on anything is happening when we are ignored. People posting about issues, and patch after patch is coming out with no mentioned fixes for Mac issues (although I have heard that fixes/optimizations for us are usually unlisted in the patch notes for whatever reason). To us it doesn't really look like taking 1 hour to communicate with us on the forums will hinder your progress, since we don't hear about any of it anyway. Just a simple updated "Known Issues" thread would be enough, the current stickies one is a joke. We just don't know if you guys are even aware of the problems we post, it feels like we are wasting our time telling you about issues since you are clearly not interested in working with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I can see where this perception began, because we had a team of engineers refactoring a large amount of code for the initial work on the OSX client.
I can tell you precisely why this perception began. All this time we had absolutely no idea who was working on the Mac client, other than Brentmeister. Unfortunately he would go for big lapses of time where these forums would be ignored by all red posts. An even worse example are the EUE and EUW Mac client forums, which I see that you did not acknowledge, this is the third time that phenomenon has happened to me, strange. I'll just throw out the links again, because I feel really bad for them:
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...play.php?f=187
http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.c...play.php?f=196
Basically there are no signs of you guys caring in either forum communication or in the stability of the client itself. Now, I realize the second one may be much harder to recognize, even almost impossible for users to notice at times. But if you could combine this invisible work with even just one slight message to us, that would be enough. You guys made something work faster like death recap? Cool, throw us a bone in the patch notes, or add something to a stickied thread about it. This would help to drastically change the current opinion of many Mac users, and it doesn't require lots of extra effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Also, how did you get "the potential fix gets put on the back burner, forever" from my comment of:
We don't have enough information right now to prioritize this as a hotfix, so it's going to be slotted into the teams normal work/release cadence.
Sure, I can explain that. So you posted that quote on April 29th, which is about one month ago. I then followed up the very next day saying that I was happy to get an issue onto the list. No other users posted about the main problem of the thread which is the negative time remaining bug. One week ago I asked you this, "I expected this issue to be fixed by now given that I reported it with full logs provided weeks ago. Is this an unreasonable expectation? Was it forgotten? What exactly is, 'the teams normal work/release cadence'?" I am simply asking if my expectations are in the right place, since I have no gauge whatsoever on how quickly you guys work. That post was ignored, so as far as I'm concerned that was a failure to communicate if my expectations were off base and I now assume that the issue is on the back burner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
The team in question literally has ~80 bugs on the backlog for the patcher, any of which could take between a day and 3 weeks to fix. I would know, because I helped them prioritize them.
Okay well if its your job to prioritize fixes, I desperately ask that you reevaluate them. This bug has existed since before Season 3 Worlds, and I know attempts to fix it have been made several times, but you need to put it up higher on the list:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4008524
Bascially your list of 80 should be all bugs that prevent people from playing the game in the first place at the top, which seemingly there are many of those right now, and then this one immediately following those, because it impacts gameplay. I cannot reasonably believe it is still near the top of the list given how long it has existed for. I hope that if you guys don't have separate teams, you at least have separate lists for the clients. If not, I can see it being problematic and I can definitely see a dedicated team improving things if this is currently the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I realize it sucks when you experience a bug and it isn't hotfixed, we're players to and we experience the same frustrations. The fact of the matter is software will always have bugs, even the software for rocket guidance.
Please do not put unrealistic expectations into my mouth. I never said that I expect the client to be bug-free. I don't ever see that happening. Here's what I expect: a client that does not have advantages or disadvantages on different platforms. The game is advertised as functional on both platforms so my expectation is that I will be able to have the same experience on both. Currently that is not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I also completely disagree with you statement of "Many users are discouraged from posting their logs as well." We want log files so much that we took the time to write a function that auto collects and zip up all the possible log files we'd need from your computer, check the "Save logs" button in the patcher's options menu.
Its up to you to fix that, not me. I do not question your desire for said logs, I question the users desire to provide them to you after seeing what happens to others. This originates from seeing so many posts with logs attached that are ignored. Or even responded to once, and then never again. Even if you got the file you wanted, its very important to followup with the user to let them know what they did was worth their time. This helps encourage others to do the same. I do not think you will find this relevant though, because you already stated that its better if all of you were working on the game rather than speaking to us. Statements like that also lead to the perception of indifference. You can change this, but maybe you guys need to hire someone to communicate with us, or work on setting aside some time to use the forums for an hour, at the very least just one time a week. It really isn't a lot to ask. I despise the times we go through when users are calling out for help all over the forums with new and unique issues, and no employee ever comes to their aid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalarion

Member

06-04-2014

I dont think Riot has "stopped caring" that is a bit sensationalist like mentioned earlier, but priorities certainly have shifted since there are far more users, more problems, and more money involved now. Id say it at least feels like riot doesnt care to address issues a lot which is annoying for all of us.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benard De Vos

Member

06-07-2014

Riot has (arguably) the most successful game in the world on its hands, tries to address problems as quickly and effective as possible, and that is not dictated by our timeframe. It's dictated by priority as they view the problems. While freezes and crashes are frustrating and are aggravating - especially when we find out that our subgroup is more affected - we have to keep in mind that there are only finite resources to make this as enjoyable an experience for the vast majority of users.

Riot has, hands down, the best player interaction I've experienced (followed closely by Paradox Interactive) when something goes wrong. Thanks for trying to get things right, guys. And, also, thanks for explaining the process to us even if it has taken some time for us to learn of it. Better late than never, right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

Senior Member

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benard De Vos View Post
we have to keep in mind that there are only finite resources to make this as enjoyable an experience for the vast majority of users.
I disagree with this, now that they have revealed that they do not have a dedicated Mac team, that's pretty much a given right there that the quality of the client could go up easily if they got more specialists on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benard De Vos View Post
Riot has, hands down, the best player interaction I've experienced (followed closely by Paradox Interactive) when something goes wrong. Thanks for trying to get things right, guys. And, also, thanks for explaining the process to us even if it has taken some time for us to learn of it. Better late than never, right?
I will say that they do communicate quite a lot about what's going on with the game, and when something goes wrong for the client in general, they will take the time to explain it to people on the forums and fix it, and that's awesome. However, they have a double standard. None of this explaining or time taken to communicate ever happens with the Mac user base. While I realize we are not the majority, the game is still being advertised as fully supported on both, and currently their level of communication with us is a joke in comparison to the rest of the user base.

In fact, I think the problem has more to do with communication than anything else. As I said earlier, they might be working on our issues, but they fail to communicate this to us. They are unreachable and that wastes both our time and theirs. Trying to get through to them via support tickets is also a joke, my experience there has been as miserable and as automated as everyone else I've talked to around here.

I firmly believe our experience would improve if they hired a separate dedicated team. For example like the guys from Boomje that worked on iLoL. That client had a lot of problems too, and I know it was a wine wrapper, but at least you could talk to the people who were responsible for making it. At least on that client I didn't freeze when I died, and the patcher was definitely better overall.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Instaban

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4Real View Post
I disagree with this, now that they have revealed that they do not have a dedicated Mac team, that's pretty much a given right there that the quality of the client could go up easily if they got more specialists on board.
Well, conversely, they also revealed that they do not have a dedicated Windows team, either. They just have a team that works on resolved bugs and problems.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

Senior Member

06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instaban View Post
Well, conversely, they also revealed that they do not have a dedicated Windows team, either. They just have a team that works on resolved bugs and problems.
Right, I would rather that have one team for each platform. I assumed this was the case as we were never informed otherwise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwesomePdudE

Junior Member

06-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
The team in question literally has ~80 bugs on the backlog for the patcher, any of which could take between a day and 3 weeks to fix. I would know, because I helped them prioritize them. I realize it sucks when you experience a bug and it isn't hotfixed, we're players to and we experience the same frustrations. The fact of the matter is software will always have bugs, even the software for rocket guidance.
Sorry to get so pedantic, but I could not help but notice your extreme lack of knowledge. It's easy to tell that this was caused by an engine issue right at the beginning of the video. You can even see the right part of the thruster has debris in the fuel intake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobie gamer

Member

06-17-2014

As a Mac player, I totally agree with Mike4Real. What he said is completely what I feel and thought of Riot until now. Especially on the "desire of player" to report bug.

Why would I even want to report a bug on the forum now...? It won't even get read. As an EUW player, I already gave up any hope of seeing some red posts on the Mac forum in EUW (hourray, we got some red rioters that posted on the forum, some days ago. We got 1 or 2 red posts, and it was due to the biggest data migration in Riot history, great...).

I promise I tried. Sometimes. I did post some bug here (on NA, forgot EUW) but what's the point? No one showing the least bit of interest. So I just gave up and only come here to talk with you, my dear fellow Mac user.

As for the rest... Mike already said everything I'm thinking.


P.S.: I know, me english very much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealDovahkiinEUW

Junior Member

06-18-2014

I too am playing on a MBP and I too am posting from EUW.

From my observations it could be due to other apps using the internet / using the sound card. I have had constant crashes when Spotify or FaceTime are running... and less frequent crashes when not using them. I submit bugs plat reports whenever possible. What else can I submit to help the software engineers ?

My specs:
MacBook Pro
Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scartafist

Junior Member

06-26-2014

OP basically nailed everything. Relaunch of the Mac Client was good during the early periods of 2013. Then it became trash.


123