[Guide] DPS Tristana Proof that good things do come in small packages!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cruentata

07-20-2010

got 17/5/7 solo mid against other trist
I go bead like said it help me to continue in lane, the noob got a long sword (+10dmg) iirc.
Regen is the main key to win.

Won when got phantom dancer.

My suggestion is to get some dodge item because you'll be focused by carriers

QuantumSurvival

08-03-2010

I stack **** loads of AS. Why? Because I'm going to have superhigh (300+) attack, and a lot of life steal. This adds up to rape. Higher attack = much more dps with high AS, and it also means that my high % of life steal is being applied to a high number...many times a second. It's like I'm drinking pots while I kill things.

My items usually go
1) Dagger
2) boots/greaves
3) dagger
4) vamp scepter
then if i have 1850 gold on my next trip ill get bf sword and make bloodthirster 1, if not
5) Zeal
6)Bloodthirster 1
7)Phantom Dancer
8) Bloodthirster 2
at this point im raping ass, every kill gives me more damage on each of my blood thirsters and im raping life with it.

The rest here doesn't matter. It's situational but I'm an ******* and stack bloodthirsters if I can stay alive (which I usually can because a) im stealing mad life, and b) people are scared that they lost 900 health in a second from my regular attack.

I'm also a big fan of rocket jump, followed by ultimate to get a champion right where he doesnt want to be. Then I drop an explosive shot and hit q. He won't even fight, but he'll die as he's running. Good thing I got my greaves so I can chase until rocket jump procs again.

My tristana is nasty I always end up with 21-28 champion kills, maybe like 5 deaths max.

Leirkov

08-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumSurvival View Post
I stack **** loads of AS. Why? Because I'm going to have superhigh (300+) attack, and a lot of life steal. This adds up to rape. Higher attack = much more dps with high AS, and it also means that my high % of life steal is being applied to a high number...many times a second. It's like I'm drinking pots while I kill things.

My items usually go
1) Dagger
2) boots/greaves
3) dagger
4) vamp scepter
then if i have 1850 gold on my next trip ill get bf sword and make bloodthirster 1, if not
5) Zeal
6)Bloodthirster 1
7)Phantom Dancer
8) Bloodthirster 2
at this point im raping ass, every kill gives me more damage on each of my blood thirsters and im raping life with it.

The rest here doesn't matter. It's situational but I'm an ******* and stack bloodthirsters if I can stay alive (which I usually can because a) im stealing mad life, and b) people are scared that they lost 900 health in a second from my regular attack.

I'm also a big fan of rocket jump, followed by ultimate to get a champion right where he doesnt want to be. Then I drop an explosive shot and hit q. He won't even fight, but he'll die as he's running. Good thing I got my greaves so I can chase until rocket jump procs again.

My tristana is nasty I always end up with 21-28 champion kills, maybe like 5 deaths max.
Congrats on dealing no damage until the 40 minute mark.

QuantumSurvival

08-03-2010

I don't follow that perfectly...my first attack item is always the BF sword, and if I ever have 1850 gold before I have one...then I get one to start the BT eariler. Don't really need all that damage up front considering Tristana has the highest natural attack compared to any champ. Early game I'm more concerned with last hitting mobs and harassing champs. By the end of the game I very often carry more than 300 atk.

These matches are done in about 30 minutes, btw.

Leirkov

08-03-2010

There is absolutely no way you can get all those items in 30 minutes.

By 20 minutes I'll have an Infinity Edge and whatever parts to my next item will be. Maybe a second BF Sword.

At 30 minutes I have IE, Bloodthirster or Mallet if the game is going bad, and maybe a Red Elixir. + Boots.

By 40 I have a near-complete build.

By 50, nobody can kill me.

30 is more realistic.

SakuyaFMX

08-06-2010

Any thoughts on:

1. Vampiric Scepter ==> 6. The Bloodthirster
2. Boots of Speed ==> 3. Berserker's Greaves
4. B.F. Sword/Pickaxe ==> 5. Infinity Edge
6. (Situational)
Last Whisper - AP
Black Cleaver - AD
Phantom Dancer - AS
Frozen Mallet - HP

TLtitan

08-06-2010

doran blade
then make infi egde before boots <_<

Yellow Jester

08-06-2010

Redundant title is redundant

QuantumSurvival

08-26-2010

Ok I have a new build that's been working great for me.
Summoner spells:
I do tele/cleanse. I like cleanse, because I need mana, but I don't like mana items. Recall + teleport is like teleport+heal+cleanse+chance to buy ****.

Runes: I do Atkspd and c/d. Again, more use out of my skills.

Skill build:
ES first, it's great for harassing and farming
RJ next, it's great for scaring, harassing, and if they don't know you have it you can get an easy kill mid, it's great at level one as the range stays the same, you still stun and you just don't really need the damage from levevling it
ES again here. It's great for taking down their hp either killing them or forcing them to recall as you get closer to their tower.
QS here. Quick shot is good, and you want to start upping this now they're your going to **** up some towers.
BS (level 6). Here you make some guy think it's safe to get close to your tower. Creep out from behind, BS him into your tower, drop an ES on him, hit QS and watch him die. Alternatively, you can teleport to another lane that needs help and gank some one. Just stay safe.

Items:
Vamp scepter first. If you zone well enough early, they'll be running away enough for you to you fully heal yourself while they run away with low hp. Cleanse will refill your mana, too. If you're good at staying alive you really won't need to recall much.
Next you need boots. If you can afford a BF sword by now, **** it, get the sword. you'll make enough money for your boots soon.
If you can't afford BF, get boots of speed, and upgrade them to swiftness (as trist this usually is ****ing awesome, regardless of your build.
Make sure you have your bf, vamp, boots of sw. Get yourself a blood thirster, tele and run around fast and farm. Build yourself a phantom dancer (no maladys) or another bloodthirster if you're already raping. If you're dying a lot, especially from CC, make a banshee's veil when you think it's appropriate. Lots of times I've debated "do I need banshee's....or MOAR BLOODTHIRSTER..) A third BT is kick ass but you gotta make sure they dont hit you and you have good tanks.

I this this build incorporates tons of damage early, intimidation, pure carry potential, excellent mobility, map control, and farmability.