Question about Singed runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

woopyfrood

08-26-2010

I optimize Masteries for tanking, and mostly roll with tanky items. This leaves me tough as nails and with plenty of mana.

...So I'm thinking. Should I stack my rune page with Ability Power? I know that only Poison Trail and Fling benefit from AP, but to be honest those are extremely useful abilities. I almost always get the most assists in a round when playing Singed, and a few kills (unless I'm fed, in which case Singed becomes a war machine). I was thinking a bit more killing power wouldn't hurt at all.

Bobbysalz

08-26-2010

Most people, myself included, get movement speed quints; Singed is all about chasing, escaping, baiting, not straight up tanking. Some go for health quints, though I've never tried it.

I use magic resist glyphs, dodge seals, and magic pen marks.

I highly advise doing 0/15/15 masteries, going down to get improved cleanse in defense and quickness in utility. You don't list what kind of items you build, but as long as you can score a Rod of Ages before the 20 minute mark, you're doing it right imo.

KingMoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

I like 0/9/21 more because cooldown reduction on singed is important and it's difficult to bring in via itemization if you're playing tank

+1 for MS quints and ROA

woopyfrood

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbysalz View Post
Most people, myself included, get movement speed quints; Singed is all about chasing, escaping, baiting, not straight up tanking. Some go for health quints, though I've never tried it.
Actually, I was already planning on getting movement quints

My thought process being, "Sure, I could go for even more AP, but movement speed is only available through quints."

Bobbysalz

08-26-2010

Just start with Doran's Ring, that's 10 AP.

Viro Melchior

08-26-2010

From a LOT of time playing Singed, time numbers I've found significant:

Philospher Stone (or Chalice), plus upgraded boots and Rod of Ages @:
15:00 - you are ON FIRE. You are about 5-7 minutes ahead of the curve in terms of gold, unless both teams have a LOT of kills (20+). As long as they don't have that many kills, focus you next item on damage, not tanking. You're tanky enough at this point already.
18:00 - you're having a good game. Grab an extra Blasting Wand (for your Rylai's later) for the extra poison damage, and then build into your tank gear.
21:00 - mediocre game. Keep building tank, and don't forget to clear a creep lane now and then.
24:00 - weak game. Let your team know that you are suffering, and try and work with them to farm a lane while they defend. Singed can easily catch up in gold if he has 2-3 minutes solo-ing a lane.

If you skip the mana item, you should have another 1000 or so gold by that mark (Chalice is 890, Philo Stone is 1090) minus your starting item if you still have it (it wasn't built into the boots or rod).