Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Add Old Twisted Treeline!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heroheart

05-29-2014

I would love to have fun for hours on the old twisted treeline map. Maybe with some updated visuals. I dare you to see which map gets played more!

Rugalb98

05-29-2014

I dare you to see the other 100 or so "BRING BAK OLD TT NAOW" threads posted since the end of 2012.

Go on, I'll wait. Take your time, oh and do try to be more constructive in your points about WHY Old TT needs to be brought back over it being a time sink.

GhostlySkillz

06-07-2014

bump.

Heroheart

06-11-2014

I think you proved my point with how many people want "TT BAK NAOW". Too many for me to count.

Rugalb98

06-12-2014

Quote:
Heroheart:
I think you proved my point with how many people want "TT BAK NAOW". Too many for me to count.
Sadly you did not do your homework as I stated and instead opted for the lazy way out. For shame sir, I asked for valid points regarding the old map beyond time sinking (details how do they work?!!).

Havelox

06-17-2014

Rugalb98 either has a poor memory or he just ignores arguments for the Old TT while continually asking for them.

Every time this topic comes up he has to discredit the OP by saying they have no arguments, and they just go "BRING BACK OLD TT NAOW"

Hope this jogs the good ol' memory. Since you requested points you repeatedly ignore.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4332010&highlight=old+treeline&page=3

"So you threw a lot at me at once with an onslaught of questions, so I tried to create a list of everything you pointed out, and address them. Before I address them I have to say we agree on a lot of the old map's problems, though we disagree on the solution.

1.) Splitting the Community
2.) Itemization
3.) Gap Closers + paper thing walls
4.) Placement of Nexus vs Placement of Fountain
5.) Lack of interactions due to a laning phase
6.) Outdated map for a new meta/new champions

1. Splitting the Community.

As I have said before I would argue that removing an entire map from play will split the community as much as adding a new map into play.If you remove a map some players will enjoy the new map, some will move on to a different map, or others may quit. There is an action(removing the map), and a reaction by the players whatever that may be.

Also why is it okay to have multiple 5v5 maps? Howling abyss, Dominion,and summoner's rift? Yet having just two 3v3 maps is considered a cardinal sin that will split the community in an unrepairable way? When viewed in this way I don't think this is a very defensible position, though it is always quickly spewed as a reason to keep the old map away.

Yes there is a larger player base playing the 5v5 format, but most of those are for summoner's rift. Then you still have the remainder split between dominion, and ARAM. Somehow this isn't a problem or even mentioned as an issue. Would you suggest removing ARAM, or Dominion to have a less split 5v5 community?

2.) Itemization.

Sure I agree there may be items that are completely broken on the old map. But if you do play LoL currently there is a solution for this that is used in current maps. Having a different item list for a specific map that is more balanced. Is item X easy to abuse on map Y? Then don't let that item be bought from the store in game. I don't see how this is a grave issue that warrants a total map removal.

There are dominion only items that support gameplay on that map.
Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...on_items#Items

Oh no! Dominion won't be balanced with the same item list as summoner's rift or any other map! Delete the map now! I don't see this argument coming from you or anyone else. Whatever the reason may be, this is an argument unfairly placed on the old TT.

3.) Gap Closers + paper thing walls

Again I agree. These were issues! Thicken the walls, put up invisible walls so they are you are unable to pass them with gap closers if it is a big issue. There are many old champions that had big gap closers on that map. Nocturne, Kassadin, twisted fate, and maybe others had abilities that let them go across the entire map. These type of off the wall closers aren't new to the game, if you had good map awareness, warding, and weren't caught alone you could do alright. Other than that you have a ban list for ranked play for a reason.
Issues are present, but removing the map isn't the answer. If you have a few overpowered champions for dominion would you suggest deleting dominion? Doubtful.

4.)Placement of Nexus vs Placement of Fountain

I couldn't agree more this was a primary issue, but removing the map isn't the answer. Thicken the wall, put up an invisible wall so it can't be passed through or jumped over. Swap around the placement of the nexus and fountain?

I agree this was a problem that was brought up, but removing the map isn't the answer.

5.) Lack of interactions due to a laning phase

I think this is one of the main things we completely disagree on. There was interaction. I would love to see that rush to the bottom bush to be done with as well, it was poor play then, and it would make me cringe when my teammates wanted to run straight for it in a pub. Early game interactions were not a one trick pony, there is consistent ganking, and jungle control throughout the game. In an earlier post you complained that the dragon could be killed at level 4-6. That strikes me as early game. And if you ward correctly you know when the enemy is attempting to take the dragon, and you can stop them. This is an early game interaction.

6.) Outdated map for a new meta/new champions

You are right. New champions come out, that are specifically designed for summoner's rift. This will cause the meta to be entirely different from when the old TT was live. But anything other than that statement is pure speculation and conjecture. Even though the meta is changing would you argue removing dominion, the new TT, or the howling abyss simply because "the meta is changing?". Again, highly doubtful.

We can agree to disagree, and we can agree that the original map was imbalanced. Through it is the solution that we disagree on. The problems most of which are very simple that other maps have dealt with in a simple way so you don't have to resort to removing the entire map."

Heroheart

06-23-2014

Why add the new capture points? What does that serve? And why are they not implemented on SR as well? Its like they want constant confrontation , on a smaller map. (which happens anyway)