Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can Shen carry? (match history inside)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsubasa 27 SWAG

05-29-2014

Is shen a viable carry to get out of bronze?

I tried them all, I even have over 60% win with nasus but shen's ult allows me to make up for a teammate's misjudgement.

Will I get out if I keep going like this? what am i doing wrong?

I use custom runes and masteries as you can see, and situational builds

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/36584051#matches

Thank you for the feedback bros

Garroth

05-29-2014

Well while shen is able to make up for teammates mistakes he also requires a team to know how to best utilize his kit. You have a higher win rate on nasus bc he can carry a lot easier. Pretty hard not to be able to take advantage of a giant dog that can basically 1v5 if game goes long enough. In Bronze how often do your teammates know to push as 4 while u split so you can ult in? If you have a nice initiate can your team do the damage and take advantage of it while your on shen? Sometimes but sometimes not. So in solo queue bronze I don't know that he is someone that can carry consistently as others. Still not a bad pick but hes more reliant on his team.

Tsubasa 27 SWAG

05-29-2014

Quote:
Garroth:
Well while shen is able to make up for teammates mistakes he also requires a team to know how to best utilize his kit. You have a higher win rate on nasus bc he can carry a lot easier. Pretty hard not to be able to take advantage of a giant dog that can basically 1v5 if game goes long enough. In Bronze how often do your teammates know to push as 4 while u split so you can ult in? If you have a nice initiate can your team do the damage and take advantage of it while your on shen? Sometimes but sometimes not. So in solo queue bronze I don't know that he is someone that can carry consistently as others. Still not a bad pick but hes more reliant on his team.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated!

Yes I always have to instruct people about my ult and my q and my taunt, so much that Im considering making a txt file just so I can copypaste it before each game haha.

NinetyNineTails

05-29-2014

Shen is one of my favorite champions in terms of pure play, but I usually think twice about taking him when solo queueing. He is somewhat dependant on teammates to get the best use out of his ult. Nasus, as the mentioned alternative, is much more capable of leading a team to victory himself.

Tsubasa 27 SWAG

05-30-2014

What about renekton? He is my second best champion

Lyroid

Recruiter

05-31-2014

So here is my advice. So I main tryndamere as I find I can make up for my teams feeding and mistakes but lately I've seen how squishy he is even with a 5 second ulti.
I've been using renekton and e works great BUT only in mid and early game. He falls off later but I the champion I found best to carry is nasus.
He is strong mid and late game as long as you survive early game. Wins any match up except nidalee and teemo.

Tsubasa 27 SWAG

06-01-2014

Thanks man!

TERRORIST WlNS

06-01-2014

Just as tail said, unless you snowball your lane, shen needs follow up. I climbed from silver 5 to silver 3/2 just by playing him. Most of the wins on shen i had was because my team actually had follow up and knew when to go in and not to go in, ya team work.

Movie

Recruiter

09-02-2014

You guys gave this guy some horrible advice, all that happened from him using shen was he got an extra 100 games in bronze 5....