Eve Changes - Patch 1.0.0.109

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speedysteve

01-18-2011

Here are the Eve changes in the new patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Evelynn
  • Base mana reduced to 180 from 212
  • Mana per level increased to 42 from 38
  • Base damage reduced to 48 from 53
  • Damage per level increased to 3.3 from 2.9
  • Base armor reduced to 12.5 from 14.75
  • Hate Spike mana cost increased to 12/15/18/21/24 from 8/10/12/14/16
  • Shadow Walk duration reduced to 10/20/30/40/50 from 20/30/40/50/60
  • Shadow Walk cooldown reduced to 12/11/10/9/8 from 12 at all ranks upon breaking stealth
  • Malice and Spite duration reduced to 10 seconds from 15
I have played AP Eve since she was low on the "tier list" (not in ranked, I'm stuck in ELO hell) and have loved her. Since her recent buff I was disappointed to see the smite/revive/jungle Eve faceroll teams. I think basically every change they made was well thought out and will be an improvement for the non-jungle Eves, which I think is great.

The lower base stats mean the obvious no jungle, the main thing is the small armor reduction and the new anti-jungler changes (the buff to 0 of the magic resist of various monsters means around 100 less damage per smite). This won't destroy smart players in the lane, and in the later game your stats will be better than before. The only thing I don't like is the decreased mana at the beginning, since stealthing takes up a hefty chunk in those first few levels.

Hate spike had its mana increased for an obvious reason: Every player could basically spam this ability for most of the game. There have been games where I accidentally get a free lane for a bit and farm from level 5-9 by simply spamming this with a sheen and then I'm good to go for the rest of the game. That really shouldn't be able to happen. 4 mana is a small increase for when you need it in a team fight, but spamming it every second leads to a quick mana drain. Another needed, fair, change.

Shadow Walk changes: They nerfed stealth across the board. 10 sec less means I can't sit there and wait for people to make a mistake early game, which is alright, as that was very lame. Twitch got the same treatment, so no need to QQ. The CDR is fantastic, though. With AP Eve, one finds themselves simply hitting ravage to initiate against 1 or 2 people then running back to wait for your stealth to come up again while your team fights and you look completely useless. This CDR lets you get back in the fight faster, meaning you WILL matter in a team fight and you will be able to stun more. Awesome change.

Malice and Spite change: It lasted WAY too long before. Even playing as Eve I was always surprised that I killed someone and it was still on 10 sec later. I don't at all mind this change, as you could basically almost always have it on in some situations (post teamfights where you win to finish off the rest of the team easy). A nerf, but definitely makes sense.

Ward cost reduction: Our most hated ward is cheaper. Get ready to actually have to remember/kill them all game instead of having to worry about a few.

TL;DR

Overall, I think these were great changes. Early game a tad weaker, although her fragile survivability wasn't really nerfed (save the slight armor) and she can't jungle, but late game she is stronger mostly due to her stealth CDR and slight stat increases. Stealth is more skill based now (10 sec reduction everywhere) so you can't camp and win. I approve.

Any other thoughts?

xTheMadHatter

01-18-2011

now with the armor drop she can be 2 hitted at lvl1 without armor runes >.< I don't get the point of a melee champ not being able to get into melee range. at lvl2 xin zhao can completely ruin her if she looks at his minion the wrong way.

jus saying Im happy about the jungle changes but her laning was hit in the face by the nerf truck.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-18-2011

You left off that Jungle Monsters now have 0 Magic Resist, rather than negative.

This is a nerf to all jungle champions, by about 100 damage per smite early game.

Sanman

01-18-2011

Good post, I like your honesty about it, even though you play eve.

I bought her just to see what all the fuss was about and was rather disgusted that her ult lasted so long, it made killing towers as AD eve or High AP lichbane eve way, way too easy.

grim1

01-18-2011

I've also always played eve (since beta) and I generally agree with you but the one change I feel wasn't not waranted was the increase to the cost of Hate Spike. Was it really that bad that she could spam this spell for sheen procs to farm a lane when a large majority of the champs can clear creep waves in 1 or 2 spells?

Also Eve's lane presence is pretty lame unless your lane partner's lane dominance is that much greater than your opponents'. Thankfully she can just hit lvl 3 or 4 and start ganking.

Speedysteve

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
You left off that Jungle Monsters now have 0 Magic Resist, rather than negative.

This is a nerf to all jungle champions, by about 100 damage per smite early game.
Changed to include real numbers in post.

Thanks for the C&C