Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Clairity Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhiom

Recruiter

01-12-2010

When it comes to summoner skills, there a lot of optins out there and I think that Clairity right now doesn't see as much action as it really could. I was thinking that adding some magic resistance temporarily as you cast it would make it much more dynamic, and allow it to be a better option. So that instead clarity would read something like this:

Clairity:
Restores 160 + 30xChampioin level
+50% to nearby champions
Gives 18+ 3xchampion level magic resist for 5 seconds

DragonArmy

01-12-2010

Thats a great call. Especially because the skill does not scale as well other skills: most summoner skills are useful throughout the entire game, but I would say clarity sometimes seems like the least useful late game.

Only problem I forsee is it hurts casters and it is the dps characters that own atm.

Xalerwons

01-12-2010

Change it to 10 + 2x champion level magic reduction for 5 seconds then.

Buff to casters especially those who don't benefit from a Sheen (Sapphire Crystal + 2x hp pots.)

Yana

01-12-2010

How about a + to AP instead? Could spice things up.

warmonkey

01-12-2010

give it the ignite treatment

make it restore full mana to allies -- make it operate just the same as heal, actually. make the talent give you mp/5 when clarity is on cooldown. how much i dunno, but on champs i'd take clarity, even more mp/5 while clarity is on CD would be mighty nice

Rhiom

Recruiter

01-12-2010

I think that might be too much warmonkey

ibplunderin

01-12-2010

Clarity is fine. I don't have to get any mana regen, and I don't need to start with +mana items early. Why would it need buffed some more?

I play anivia and spam spells all over the place, I don't see how it needs buffed as it is almost too strong right now since i can spam and stay in my lane until I feel like buying something.

Mugen Daws

01-12-2010

yea i play blitzcrank with clarity, and if i lane with someone else who has it, i pretty much have half mana the whole time....

makes hooking and harassing easy if you buffed it, it may unbalance things, maybe a talent in the defensive masteries that gives you slight spell resistance for a few seconds after cast?
but one thats not cheap to get.

PiE

Adjudicator

01-12-2010

id like to see a passive summoner spell like, passively adds 5mana regen per second while its up, resotres X mana when used, but after its used you dont get the passive until its up again.

ShloobeR

01-12-2010

There are only 2 real reasons I would pick clarity:

1) It can replace Meki pendant (or MM) early on and allow me to purchase something a little more suitable to my build, [Aggressive rammus/Alistair is very greedy early on and clarity can allow you to buy something for a more aggressive build]

2) It's great for sustaining pushes if it's needed, as Alistair I quite like to pick up clarity because then you're just a replenishment MACHINE.

It can be useful for tricking enemies into thinking you're low on mana when you have enough to destroy them but I ry not to depend on that too much