Trinity Force on tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilBoy Blue

01-18-2011

doesn't seem bad unless you get it BEFORE infinity edge. if you've got your boots, IE, zeal and maybe an avarice blade it could work. not convinced it's better than just stacking more damage stats though.

ReapersHavok

04-06-2011

got it once as my last item...had IE,2 phantom dancers, 2 bloodthirsters, for ****s and giggles i sold my boots and picked up tri force,every few hits i would crit for 1200+.

General8

04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz135 View Post
i tried it in one game and find it pretty good

+30 attack damage
no need to explain why attack damage is good on tryndamere

+30 ability power
tryn has a 1.5 ratio on his q so that's 45 more hp for each bloodlust stack
also 30 more magic damage on his spin

+30% attack speed
good on him

+15% critical strike chance
no comments

uninstall and donate your computer to a poverty stricken child in africa
+12% movement speed
chase or escape better

+250 health
gives you a little more time before you use your ult

+250 mana
the only thing that is useless on him but not a big deal

passive unique: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 35% for 2.5 seconds;
good for chasing

on cast, increases your base attack damage by 150% for one attack.
this is why i tried tri-force on tryndamere. Every time you cast a spell you do 150% more damage on your auto attack.
So you go like this
spin---> attack (+150%)--->mocking shout--->attack (+150%)--->bloodlust--->attack (+150%)

it was a very strong combo!
uninstall and donate your computer to a poverty stricken child in africa!!!!

Sirvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

Actually trinity force wouldnt be an extremly bad idea if you want to be efficient with tryndameres passive.

He starts with 10% crit chance and builds up to 40% crit chance when at 1 health.

So you want to have 60% crit chance at full health in order to get the most out of his passive.

The trinity force build would go something like this:

-zeal
-boots
-infinity edge
-zeal
-bloodthirster
-bloodthirster/other dps item with no crit on it
-upgrade zeal to trinity force
-win

As you see, trinity force is one of the last things you should be building.

holySatan

06-12-2011

Q isn't per stack
Slow is nice, but he can take red buff really easily
150% on base damage not total damage, so each proc is about 150 more ad (at level 18), but he should be critting for 500+
movespeed is better on phantom dancers (which were practically made for trynd)
And he shouldn't be using his skills then attacking. Healing is best used when you're getting away (he should use lifesteal to heal and keep his stacks to do more damage). Spinning should usually be saved for running away too but is good for initiating sometimes too dont get me wrong. W is the only skill where you are always expecting to attack after using it.

As said before, it's not a good item

NotProEnough

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneglacier View Post
Its not 150% on your attack, its 150% of your base damage (without items), which is like 80 by the time you get this. Basically, the proc will give you an extra 130 damage (without MR) once or maybe twice in a fight. Useless.
150% of 117 is not 80, you suck at match.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Geez people. Lay off the OP a bit. Trifoce DOES work, but it is not as efficient as you might think.

One of Triforce's strengths is that it is SPACE efficient. It is also gold-efficient assuming you can make good use out of ALL its pieces.

The slow proc is weak. You have a slow already thus it is redundant.
The 150% dmg is weak. IT ONLY PROCS ONCE and adds about 150ish damage.
Are you really going to Spin, wait 2 sec, slow, wait 2 sec, and heal...wait 2 seconds? NO! You spin, slow immediately and dont heal until needed. Triforce has a 2 sec cooldown.
Mana is useless of course.
Health is ok but not optimal.

Therefore Trynd is better off with a more focused approach. A Phantom dancer and Inf Edge is massively better in all respects, adding huge AD, high AS, 55% crit, 12% MS, and adds 250% crit damage. It costs 6600 compared to TriForce's 4000.
But imagine all the benefits of Triforce times 160%. Hopefully you can see that the IE/PD is way better than a hypothetical 1.6*triforce.

It doesnt even work as a good last item either. Bloodthirster adds Lifesteal and very high AD and is more efficient after the IE/PD core. A ghostblade is very strong too as it adds more AD, an AS/MS booster, plus some CDR, crit.

TwentyonE

Recruiter

06-14-2011

Not to highjack the thread, but what about a Rageblade? Simlar thought process as OP (AP is nice, damage is decent, and AS is great as well). What is the general opinion?

Warrrrax

06-14-2011

Trynd already has lousy burst damage, so you don't want to make it any worse as Rageblade has to build up to be effective. Rageblade mostly gives large amounts of AP which you simply don't need. By rank 5 bloodlust, you heal for 400 which is pretty decent. You also have a Vamp Scepter upgraded to something for the lifesteal which is significant.
Both of these do a fine job in keeping your health maxed.... you dont need any more.

Since Trynd takes NO defense at all past Merc Treads (and maybe a Negatron to avoid getting bursted too fast), he isnt a good candidate for trying to heal during combat. Even with 500AP, he would heal for 900 max. This is about 1 and a half nukes from a comparable Annie.

So basically for the same gold, you are better off focusing on AD, crit, and AS with Trynd. Sure rageblade is efficient but ONLY for those like JAX, Nidalee, etc, who deal extra melee damage based on their AP and/or have some significant effect from teh AP.

Gormashnit

06-14-2011

Dont let the haters get you down

The only thing that really holds Trinity Force back from being an amazing item on Trynd is that the proc only increases your BASE attack damage by 150% .

If his bloodlust increased his base attack damage stat instead of just his attack damage stat I'd say Tri-force would be the strongest item in the game for him (yes, even over IE)

There was also a period where Tri-Force/Sheen actually increased your attack damage passively instead of tacking it on to the next hit. This meant the spinning slash that proc'd the effect could benefit of it's Attack Damage boost. Saddly those days are no more

As such I'd say Tri-Force is fairly non-optomized for Trynd but if any of the things I mentioned changed; re-evaluate.