Tryndamere Nerf:

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MG z3rg3m3ow

01-18-2011

In the next patch, tryndamere's changes consist of: 10% extra crit at full hp, 1 second nerf to Undying Rage duration.

First of all, I want to clear this up: This is a NERF not a BUFF. 10% extra crit at full hp does NOT make up for a 20% reduction on his ult, especially considering that tryn is an endgame carry that functions off being at low health.

Furthermore, this thread is directed at 5v5 balancing. We all know 3v3 is unbalanced.

Now, having played often both as and against tryndamere, I fail to see the need for this nerf. Tryndamere is ALREADY hard countered by kiting, crowd control, and exhaust. Even taking cleanse and ghost as summoner spells, quicksilver sash is more than often needed for a tryndamere not to be completely shut down by chain CC and exhausts.

Tryndamere, as a melee autoattacker, has to be in the middle of the fray (and thus be subject to aoe dmg and focusing) and his ult is needed in order to let him be useful in a teambattle (since his survivability in a 5v5 team fight is very low)

I don't see how this nerf is supposed to balance tryndamere at ANY ELO. At low ELO, the 1 second nerf/10%crit buff will not change much if anything at all. At High ELO, it is well-established that tryndamere was already EASILY COUNTERABLE.

So what's the deal with this nerf? How is it supposed to be a good balance? Is this just a knee-jerk reaction to "Zomg invincibility ult OP" threads? lol

DOWNVOTES INCOMING.

Edit: Please remember 90% of tryn's damage comes from autoattacks, and he's easily kited. This is why he's different from other carries and why he is COMPLETELY shut down by exhaust/CC as opposed to others. Furthermore, the fact that he's completely item dependant for all his damage means he can't efficiently build tanky like Xin or Mundo. And his only team utility is damage and a long cooldown mocking shout.

SexyTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Lol stop qq noob. l2p. tryn so OP need nerf cus he just ult and win.

Erenia

01-18-2011

20% reduction would make the ult 4.8 sec btw. it was a 16.6666666666% reduction.

But yes I agree with OP that it was a nerf.

MasterofSFL

01-18-2011

How about learn to play with it instead of Going on about how Tryn got a 1 Second Nerf on his Ult. If he was Countered so easily at High Elo, then what does it matter at all? He'll still pub stomp, he'll still make people rage, in essence nothing has really changed.

Someone else in a different thread pointed out because of the Extra 10% crit you now have some extra Space for other runes if you wish, instead of having to build crit runes or a much higher Crit chance at the Beginning of the Game. If you ask me, more crits equals more bloodstacks early game which means more healing and damage.

Also, it's called a Balance. He got a Nerf in his ult, he got a Buff in his Passive. They didn't straight nerf him, nor did they buff him outright.

As I told a previous Eve Player, if you're so bent over this, go play a different champion.

MG z3rg3m3ow

01-18-2011

@Master: I'm not sure if you realize that 10% extra crit at full health is useless for an ENDGAME carry that functions off being at low health...?????

I don't JUST play tryndamere. I've loved him through his phases of being useful and useless. But if I'm playing at high ELO, and it's ALREADY difficult to pick him in ranked since he's so easily countered, this just makes it all the worse. He's even less viable. It's not like he's an easy pick to begin with. I love him, but you can't expect players to want to throw every ranked game just because Riot threw an unneeded nerf at him. This is a post to try and point this out, hope Riot is aware of it, etc.

Carnack

01-18-2011

I'll wait and see how it goes. 5 second ult is workable.

if it gets cranked down to 4 seconds there will be problems.

Carnack

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
@Master: I'm not sure if you realize that 10% extra crit at full health is useless for an ENDGAME carry that functions off being at low health...?????

I don't JUST play tryndamere. I've loved him through his phases of being useful and useless. But if I'm playing at high ELO, and it's ALREADY difficult to pick him in ranked since he's so easily countered, this just makes it all the worse. He's even less viable. It's not like he's an easy pick to begin with. I love him, but you can't expect players to want to throw every ranked game just because Riot threw an unneeded nerf at him. This is a post to try and point this out, hope Riot is aware of it, etc.
I think he means that his starting crit chance is buffed with his passive still working the same way.

So in essence they just buffed his base crit chance with no runic/item-based alteration.

He'll still pubstomp since folks STILL won't know how to deal with his ult.

Xyltin

01-18-2011

Quote:
In the next patch, tryndamere's changes consist of: 10% extra crit at full hp, 1 second nerf to Undying Rage duration.

First of all, I want to clear this up: This is a NERF not a BUFF. 10% extra crit at full hp does NOT make up for a 20% reduction on his ult, especially considering that tryn is an endgame carry that functions off being at low health.

Furthermore, this thread is directed at 5v5 balancing. We all know 3v3 is unbalanced.

Now, having played often both as and against tryndamere, I fail to see the need for this nerf. Tryndamere is ALREADY hard countered by kiting, crowd control, and exhaust. Even taking cleanse and ghost as summoner spells, quicksilver sash is more than often needed for a tryndamere not to be completely shut down by chain CC and exhausts.

Tryndamere, as a melee autoattacker, has to be in the middle of the fray (and thus be subject to aoe dmg and focusing) and his ult is needed in order to let him be useful in a teambattle (since his survivability in a 5v5 team fight is very low)

I don't see how this nerf is supposed to balance tryndamere at ANY ELO. At low ELO, the 1 second nerf/10%crit buff will not change much if anything at all. At High ELO, it is well-established that tryndamere is EASILY COUNTERABLE.

So what's the deal with this nerf? How is it supposed to be a good balance? Is this just a knee-jerk reaction to "Zomg invincibility ult OP" threads? lol

DOWNVOTES INCOMING.
I play tryn and i always liked him ,but cause of mid to high elo games i had to pick other champs before him. Now with this change he will be much more vaiable early game and a little weaker end game, but his problem was always his early game and mid game and not the end game where a good trynda could kill faster than anyone.

So i consider it as a buff. Also as a new perspective for more buffs. His ulti did hold him back from getting buffed and was the reason why low Elo players and noobs cried a lot.

MasterofSFL

01-18-2011

Quote:

I'll be honest with you, I don't play Tryn and I don't really ever think I will. But, from what it looked like to me this Patch lets him farm easier Early game and gain stacks easier as well during that phase. I know late game it's not much of anything, I'll give you that, but he was getting a nerf. From the amount of people in this community going on about him and his Ability to survive through almost anything in a teamfight, it was inevitable. So it's better then an outright nerf.

SexyTomato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofSFL View Post
it's called a Balance..
As you said, it's called balance. To be honest the nerf on Tryndamere's ult is a pretty substantial one. Sure, Riot gave Tryn 10% extra crit at full health to try to nudge Tryn's niche in the game in the bit. But the poster's point is that the nerf on ult didn't serve much as far as balance throughout the ELO's go. You said it yourself MofSFL, pubs shall still be stomped. In other words, ragers still gonna rage. The only thing that changed at this point is that playing Tryn effectively at high (or highish) ELO is that much harder.

For the record, one second makes all the difference. It'll just be that much easier to die due to an ignite, or a vlad ult. One second makes the difference on many of Tryn's kills, many of his escapes and many of his dives. How many times have you seen a tryn get away by barely a second after a dive? One second, especially in a game like LoL, is huge.

12345 ... 8