Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elder Lizard or Ancient Golem on Jarvan?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slim Jong Il

05-22-2014

on a regular build with mainly tank items and a damage item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GundayMonday

Recruiter

05-22-2014

Both are good on J4. I would look to see how much damage your team has. If you have someone tankier (and with less damage) top like a malphite/shen, then I'd probably go the elder lizard. If you have a hypercarry top like jax/trynd, then you probably need to be tankier and I'd want the ancient golem.

Another thought, if this is a solo queue game, and you are just destroying the other team (think 3-0-3 10 mins into the game), then go damage (elder lizard) and continue snowballing. If you're behind, I would go golem since the enemy team will be fed and doing more damage.

That's my thought process. J4 does like Elder Lizard since his abilities apply the item passive burn. The Ancient Golem's tenacity is also great since you'll be diving into the enemy team and probably cc'd all day. Look at the situation you're in and pick accordingly since there isn't a good general answer.