@Riot: Can we have an official statement on top 500 lists?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backabacka

01-12-2010

The last thing I member reading on it is that it is a "privacy issue" but we all know that is a bogus answer, and there have been posts of all colors (except red) saying so.

Can we have official word on whether or not we will be getting another one? Or at least a final one before we wait for ranked play.

Inb4 read the sticky, that post is obviously about personal Elo requests.

Garborg

01-12-2010

Ibtl

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The reason Elo is not public is because not everyone wants it to be.

In ranked games you'll be able to opt-in to displaying your Elo.

Every time I post the top 500 some people are happy - and some people are unhappy because they don't want people to see what they're at.

It's a privacy thing.
There

Backabacka

01-12-2010

First, way to post the Riot response that I said in the original post was a bogus answer.

The who are these "some people" that are unhappy, I have yet to read anyone on the forums saying they are unhappy over the top 500 list. Either these are people who know the Riot staff and are complaining that way, or people are complaining to support@riot (Unlikely).

Also, saying "some" for happy and "some" for unhappy is a gross misstatement. More accurately would be Lots happy, a few indifferent, and a couple unhappy.

Looking for an answer that actually makes sense.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backabacka View Post
First, way to post the Riot response that I said in the original post was a bogus answer.
Looking for an answer that actually makes sense.
He was referring to the fact that the Elo on the list is public. And not everyone on the list wanted it made public.
Therefore, you will not see Elo till ranked matches and its more of a voluntary thing.
You wanted Riots stand? That is Riots stand

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
By not posting the "top 500" list we are not satisfying the curiosity of a vocal minority - we are not "angering the majority of dedicated players" and there's a big difference between the two.

Normal games are for casual play - ranked games with ladders will be for competitive play, and you'll constantly be able to see what your Elo is and how it changes.

If the current LoL is not satisfying your competitive aspirations, you could always wait until ranked games come out.
Heres another one

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

My god, they should just remove any form of public elo. Its not like any of the other 8963 posts haven't already answered the question.

Kaitor

01-12-2010

The final answer, i can ensure to you is NO.

Please stop trating ELO like water! Won't make you any better knowing it. Focus on playing good games and that's all leave ELO alone!

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomatt View Post
Responses like this prove that Riot didn't decide to make LoL free to play, they had no choice.
No, I'm in an irritable mood and so far this is the 3rd (4th?) post thats been asking the exact same thing. Theres really no reason to make another post on this, unless people have the belief that "If we spam them enough, they'll submit and immediately start working on it".

Malak al Maut

01-12-2010

How many times does one need to post we'll all see our Elo once ranked play, no ETA, is done. Are you people that dense?