Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

void staff vs deathcap as 3rd item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chrystianek

05-21-2014

I'm fiddlesticks.

My items: spectral wraith, zhonyas, sorc boots.

Enemy team is starting to build MR (lets say ~50 MR from items)

Would it beneficial to get a deathcap and have ~505 AP or get void staff and have ~330 AP with the 35% magic pen?

Narzeim

05-21-2014

Depends how farmed you are when you back. If he have 1600 and haven't started either I say get large rod to death cap. Remember you get pen from passive too. If there is a lot of AP on both teams you could go abysmal scepter.

DreadPirateChris

05-22-2014

You'll do better with void staff against people building Negatron Cloak and upgrades, and better with rabadon's against people building no MR or only a null-magic mantle item (merc treads/athene's unholy grail). (Though in truth it also depends on their max health, since MR adds an effective 1% health, in reality you'll do better with a void staff against a health-stacking tank with only innate MR, and about equal against a squishy with just an un-upgraded negatron cloak.)
If -most- of your enemy team has a big MR item, I'd go void staff. If only the toplaner and tanky jungler do then, meh. Killing the squishy carries and assassins is more important.

GundayMonday

Recruiter

05-22-2014

Someone did the math already:
http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/diff-the-ender/23109-damage-analysis-rabadons-deathcap-vs-void-staff

Article is a little bit dated, so take it with that grain of salt, but the general thoughts there are still true.