How to counter Twitch

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dacrushaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

Honestly I am sick and tired of people saying Twitch is over powered. I am a level 30 summoner and about 99% of my games played were as Twitch. Apparently the people I own are just idiots but then there are games where I am completely astonished at how people are stopping me. So really if Twitch is over powered how can I go 2-9 on about a third of my games. Here are a few tips:

1) EXHAUST!! not only slows twitch but also blinds him (thus keeping you alive) for 3 seconds.

2) Play smart. DO NOT go anywhere alone and keep watch on the enemies on your screen. Especially mid -> late game when Twitch popping up is almost instant death.

3) Wards/Elixirs They seem to not do a lot, but early game especially I find wards extremely annoying because i can no longer go into that area. Also elixirs ... Having no range on them ... I still avoid any champion that has an elixir

4) DO NOT stand in a line or bunched up with your teammates. Twitch's ultimate goes THROUGH people. Therefore killing 5 champions in the time it takes to kill 1. Trust me I know ... I was awarded a PENTAKILL while the other team was trying to kill the baron. They all ran out to get me and of course they all died.

5) Another thing I love about how cheap Twitch is, is that you can never kill him. Try this though. PRIORITIZE champion kills. If the enemy Twitch is dumb (sometimes like myself) he will situate behind the enemies to flank them. JUST TURN AND KILL HIM!! This is highly dependant on team communication. While in a big team fight always focus on Twitch first. If you can keep him down and not feed him everything should be fine.

6) PAY ATTENTION!! If you have lost visibility of where Twitch is ... HE HASN"'T GONE FAR!! When in doubt HE WILL ALWAYS BE CLOSE BY ... Always assume that he will pop up anywhere.

Any champion that has been fed kills numbering in the teens will be basically unstoppable. I played a game where I (Twitch) was destroying everyone. Katarina on the enemy side decided to kill every other teammate and turn the tides. She had an elixir and all she needed to do was shunpo in and cast her ultimate killing every champion.

Blinds, fears, stuns, and slows work very well against Twitch as well. I myself only fear a certain number of champions. Annie, Evelyn, Yi, due to their massively high hits work well as counters too.

Stop complaining, play the game a little smarter and everything will be fine. But if you play against me and my friend you will definitely lose (:

~the sewer rat~

SoftTofu

01-11-2010

Well stated :P

ApostlePeter

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrushaa View Post
5) Another thing I love about how cheap Twitch is, is that you can never kill him.
What?

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

Quote:
1) EXHAUST!! not only slows twitch but also blinds him (thus keeping you alive) for 3 seconds.
This works, but it fails for this reason, you have to get in range, a good Twitch will be behind his team so you cannot get in range, thus nullifying this.

Quote:
3) Wards/Elixirs They seem to not do a lot, but early game especially I find wards extremely annoying because i can no longer go into that area. Also elixirs ... Having no range on them ... I still avoid any champion that has an elixir
Thats just you, a Twitch can shoot you from just outside or outside of elixer range and youll prolly die. A good twitch wont even be seen by you as he will be behind until you fight, however this works if you can find him, mostly.

Quote:
4) DO NOT stand in a line or bunched up with your teammates. Twitch's ultimate goes THROUGH people. Therefore killing 5 champions in the time it takes to kill 1. Trust me I know ... I was awarded a PENTAKILL while the other team was trying to kill the baron. They all ran out to get me and of course they all died.
I'll try not to stand bunched up when we are defending a tower next time. Or when we are stuck in a lane...in a lane if the Twitch sets himself up he almost always gets atleast three in his range.

Quote:
5) Another thing I love about how cheap Twitch is, is that you can never kill him. Try this though. PRIORITIZE champion kills. If the enemy Twitch is dumb (sometimes like myself) he will situate behind the enemies to flank them. JUST TURN AND KILL HIM!! This is highly dependant on team communication. While in a big team fight always focus on Twitch first. If you can keep him down and not feed him everything should be fine.
Useless if he is behind his team like he should be.

Quote:
Blinds, fears, stuns, and slows work very well against Twitch as well. I myself only fear a certain number of champions. Annie, Evelyn, Yi, due to their massively high hits work well as counters too.

Most of this is true, except slows. If twitch is hitting you and you slow him, congrats your still taking 2.5 hits per second and your still dead. And most of the time its your inability to reach him that stops most of this.

Klazzix

01-11-2010

How to counter Twitch: Nerf. Simple enough. Lol

Anyway, good post. Twitch is OP in low tier games though. In the right hands and mind, Twitch is pretty much win already.

One more thing, I wouldn't really believe someone saying Twitch isn't OP if that someone plays him 99% of the time.

keftes

Recruiter

01-12-2010

Teemo

NUMBERSLOCK

01-12-2010

Quote:
So really if Twitch is over powered how can I go 2-9 on about a third of my games
Because you are a horrible player who gets owned despite using an overpowered character. You also fail at logic101. Twitch isn't invulnerable, he is just overpowered. There is a difference. Don't use the fact that you suck at Twitch to justify that Twitch isn't OP.

Get over it, Twitch is getting a nerf.

dacrushaa

01-12-2010

honestly i have to disagree with being a bad twitch player :P

but anyway all valid points ... if you try to not feed him things work a lot better i know it's hard for some players not to die but it is possible ... as for elixirs usually you're not going to tail an opponent with one and i stated before i usually avoid them (the team can also buy more than one)

Kersei

01-12-2010

Just because you can counter him doesn't mean he is not overpowered. Which he especially is at low tiers. It's near impossible to win if you have a new/clueless person feeding him.

Voidgolem

01-12-2010

Honestly I am sick and tired of people saying Twitch is over powered. about 99% of my games played were as Twitch.

>.>

*calls foul*

1) Twitch out-ranges Exhaust. A good twitch will have killed you by the time you get into range to use it.

2) Twitch is impossible to call MIA. 'Not going alone' does exactly nothing when he's guaranteed to kill either you or your buddy and get away via stealth.

3) Solo queue. Marvel as nobody buys wards. Ever. Oracles is worse than useless, being expensive and too short-ranged to make any difference :\

4) Teamfight, yo.

5) A good Twitch only appears to backdoor a tower or when his allies have you tied up. Hard to prioritize kills if everything is on cooldown.

6) Or you've lost visibility of twitch because he's gone off to gank the opposite lane. This is why stealth sucks :\

12345 ... 7