The Council Digest Volume #2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nukemouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

I agree with most of this, but Katarina's ult is fine. As a whole she is a good balanced character in my opinion regardless of what people keep saying. Sivir feels a little OP to me. Mejaj's soulstealer feels like the only snowball item worth taking, the other ones either need a buff or need to take less charges on death than mejaj's. Neutral monster buffs are too strong (golem and lizard not nashor). Early laning towers need to be much more resistant and all the towers past the first need a damage buff.

Well those are my opinions, you probably disagree with some of them but i have to try.

Also Soraka needs HoT back NOW two direct heals is just stupid. (not stupidly overpowered i mean its annoying when i play her.)

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

You should remove the annoying "I go through forest" skills or made them all "Forest through" it sucks anyone can solo gank a team with Fiddle's ult, or going from grass to main base with trynd Spin, etc. How come Throwing Spear from Nidalee can't go through minions but can go through forest?

chance0110

01-11-2010

An easier fix for Kat might be to just make it more obvious she is using her ult. Make it more obvious like Fiddle or Nunu. She's a small character, she becomes very hard to see during her ult if there's other champions, minions, or brush around. I think nerfing her ult might be too big of a nerf unless her other abilities are buffed or changed.

mermin

01-11-2010

Quote:
Snowballing – Two threads of discussion here: One was on the various snowball items in the game, where Mejai’s got a buff and Leviathan got a nerf afterwards. The other was about death timers and games being over after one deciding teamfight late game once respawn timers grew long.
snowballing is when you wipe in a teamfight at lvl 1 and get dominated in all lanes. Death timers late game are pretty perfect, if you lost the teamfight then you got outplayed or sadly outcomped

T0ggle

01-11-2010

teemos passive makes playing teemo a whole lot more fun, I can escape ganks and I don't have to worry about being ahead of my team all the time to give them his last passive.

Runes > we need magic pen Seals.

Twitch should be nerfed in some way, so could Yi, I played a game were a Yi literaly 2shotted my annie teamate at level 1. Because he built straight armor pen runes.

Udyr could use some buffing and nerfing, nerfing his turtle form so that people going AD focus more on Tiger stance and buffing Phienix so people have a reason to go AP.
Maybe If executioners calling effected lifesteal gain, His turtle passive could be rendered fair.

One of the biggest issues I have right now, is how some champions can counter AD were as they cannot counter AP.(Same goes for AP against certain AD)
Playing as teemo many games has taught me that hes not very good up against casters such as Annie, veiger and katarina.
With ranked matchs coming out(soon hopefully) I would love to see more counter ability, maybe if exhaust blinded spell casting aswell? Or if we were able to get a Stun summoner spell to counter some champions ultimates.

Ssilver

01-11-2010

Longer lasting/larger range normal sight wards.

When was the last time you saw someone use a normal sight ward? The only usable one is the invis one, cuz you put it next to you and get kills when invisible champs try to kill you. The normal sight ward is useful, but you have to put them in the river/bushes, losing you time laning, and not guaranteeing a kill even if you see someone with it. If the time on them was longer, or the range was bigger, I could see myself grabbing a bunch so I can solo a lane even when the other team if forming big gank squads. They wouldn't even have to be invisible (though if they weren't they shouldn't give gold on kill), you could stick them in the bushes and still counter gank / have amazing map control.

Ssilver

Spitball1074

01-11-2010

Hm the only things I'd like to add onto that list would be: 1) nerf on yi, and 2) better jungling capabilities i.e. faster neutral spawn, minion pulling, more minion camps.

Polyrhythm

01-11-2010

I agree that Yi nerfs are needed in the same sense that Twitch nerfs are needed.

The 5 man gank squad is also quite lame. In DotA the midgame lasted far past level 8...

Timechild

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
teemos passive makes playing teemo a whole lot more fun, I can escape ganks and I don't have to worry about being ahead of my team all the time to give them his last passive.

Runes > we need magic pen Seals.

Twitch should be nerfed in some way, so could Yi, I played a game were a Yi literaly 2shotted my annie teamate at level 1. Because he built straight armor pen runes.

Udyr could use some buffing and nerfing, nerfing his turtle form so that people going AD focus more on Tiger stance and buffing Phienix so people have a reason to go AP.
Maybe If executioners calling effected lifesteal gain, His turtle passive could be rendered fair.

One of the biggest issues I have right now, is how some champions can counter AD were as they cannot counter AP.(Same goes for AP against certain AD)
Playing as teemo many games has taught me that hes not very good up against casters such as Annie, veiger and katarina.
With ranked matchs coming out(soon hopefully) I would love to see more counter ability, maybe if exhaust blinded spell casting aswell? Or if we were able to get a Stun summoner spell to counter some champions ultimates.

Thank god Teemo is bad against casters. He's extremelly effective against any melee, canceling their damage with his blind. No champion should be good against everything.

On the topic don't nerf Katarina's ult. It's her reason for being and only a couple of characters without stuns/knockbacks or quick escape mechanisms are affected. Also her aoe is not that good, compared to the slows of other aoe or fiddle/rammus aoe when the champion can move. If the damage of her ult is nerfed, give her a slow

Saishy

01-12-2010

Sorry for asking that, but is it possible to join the Council?
I'm a huge fan of strategy games, and played Dota til exaustion, I even have an AoS map of my own (which I just keep changing every day for the lolz).

Anyway, I'm just somewhat depressed because my voice can't be hear, and I'm pretty upset about LoL's bugs (which are many).

I usually forget about the issues because I have sleep problems, but I will take notes of them and release a huge thread soon.

Those who I can remember:

No game should have any skill "I killz u", they ruin the gameplay and shouldn't be allowed, but I know its hard to do that in AoS games like LoL, but there are so many of them in LoL its just unforgivable, those huge amount of high damage skills that can't be avoided also makes people rage on those who can be avoided, mostly because few champions can avoid them and makes you feel like playing minesweeper.

The above topic makes Flash a necessity among almost every champion, which takes away your choice on skills.

The battles are too fast, this is a serious issue and needs to be reviewed as soon as possible.

Champion customization is strange, I build my kat for movement speed and high damage nukes, but I just find any other champions moving faster than me, but I'm a chaser! I have teleport and high movement... Why anyone can run as fast or faster?

Udyr is broken, its not because he is too fast, not because he can stun soo often, not because he can protect himself, farm, deal high damage or whatever, its because he can do all of them! When a tank comes to you at high speed, stun you and deals high damage, you know something is wrong. And I think he is not even a tank.

Strange battles, not too often, but sometimes I found my team unable to do damage, with last whisper, crit and damage as ashe, I only could critic Taric for 48 damage? And he had 98 armor... The rest of the team was teemo, annie, malphite, and I could only do minor damage to all of them, the rest of my teammates got the same feeling, but noone of them had more than 60~ armor or magic resist, and normal hp.

Early kills, those ganks at lvl 1 (mostly with 2 heroes), shouldn't be able to kill you instantly, and sometimes its even ridiculous! I died 3 times at lvl 1 till 4 with just two basic attacks! At lvl 1 tryda was doing 247 damage on one hit! he just hit me twice and I died, no CC at all.

Oh, the above topic remember me some skills are broken at lvl 1, blitz handgrab is fatal at level 1, the scaling is fail, I don't care if the cooldown gets lower, the skill does more damage or disable you longer, the skills kills you because IT GRABS YOU, and that should be reviewed.
Also about alistar, the skill kills you because it PUSHES YOU, but even so at lvl 1 both the knockback and the air knock works at full power! Those skills at lvl 1-5 are just insta-kills, and its impossible to almost any champion survive.
(Most people would say "L2P" "Avoiding hand is easy" "Stay away from alistar", but they often forget that the other player is also a human and it don't matter if they miss 1, 2, 10x times, the first times it works, you gonna die, also... alistar + flash at lvl 2)

This is a post just saying the general issues, if it seems as I not played enough, don't understand the gameplay or w/e, don't let that fool you. My dream is to become a Game Designer, and I study hard for that, few people can match me at game balancing and design ideas.

(Oh, and the whole mastery idea is fail, yeah that old and long skill tree was nice and all 10 years ago, but its just a old and overused idea now, and don't fit LoL at all, should be substituted by many but shorter trees, or a more customized skill tree)

Edit: Oh, and mana is also a bad mechanic, most games now don't use it anymore, or they are more "energy-like" replenishing fast when not used.